We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wish i hadn't booked here..

Auckland, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
wish i hadn't booked here..

now realising that transfers for this trip is more expensive than 2 nights accommodation

18 replies to this topic
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wish i hadn't booked here..

Is that the Sheraton Tokoriki or Tokoriki Island Resort. If it is the island resort it shouldn't cost you that much and it is an amazing resort.

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wish i hadn't booked here..

What was your method of transferring to Tokoriki (Tokoriki Resort or Sheraton Tokoriki) ?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wish i hadn't booked here..

Was looking at boat transfers with Mamanuca express $880FJD each way. I actually have booked the Sheraton Tokoriki Island

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wish i hadn't booked here..

It's the Sheraton island resort, are you saying if I stay with tokoriki Island resort my transfers are cheaper?

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wish i hadn't booked here..

If you log on to www.sheratontokorikiisland.com/transportation you will see that transfers to the island can only be made with the resort. The prices they quote are $FJD145 per person one way. It would appear that the price you have been quoted for the Mamanuca Express is for a water taxi which is very expensive.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wish i hadn't booked here..

The only transfer that's available will not get me to the airport in time for my flight. So will need to helicopter or have a private boat transfer

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wish i hadn't booked here..

Another option is to get a late check out from Tokoriki and spend the night before you leave in Nadi.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wish i hadn't booked here..

That's a good idea.. Still will cost $400 NZD return for 2 people for the ferry .. Might need to cut my losses and book In Denerau :( good bye $1000

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
205 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wish i hadn't booked here..

We are booked for Sheraton Tokoriki in November after staying 7 nights at Sheraton Denarau.

We are booked on the standard ferry service, we get picked up from Denarau and taken to the port and board the ferry there. On the way back we stay another night at Sheraton Denarau, before we fly home the next day. Have a look at that process, you may save a lot of money.

Cheers

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: wish i hadn't booked here..

When are you travelling?

Reply to: wish i hadn't booked here..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tokoriki Island