We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

NYC
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

I'm considering doing 5 days at each resort.

1. Is it possible to get from one to the other without going back to Nadi or breaking the bank on a helicopter?

2. Is there any reason to start with one and end with another?

3. Is there another resort within proximity that you'd recommend as part of the time split over Tokoriki or Liku Liku?

Thanks very much,

Ben

15 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
281 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

At either resort if you spend 7 days you get free helicopter transfers. Maybe worth looking at you split.

The other option I can think of is catching the midday lunchtime ferry out of LIR and the afternoon ferry out to TIR Or morning out of TIR then lunch to LIR I know it's not ideal but it an option.

Also check with both the resorts they might be happy to take you on the resort boat.

We went to likuliku in May and going to tokoriki in March

Edited: 31 December 2015, 05:44
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,560 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

Unfortunately, getting to Tokoriki and LikuLiku are on different routes with South Sea Cruises.

http://www.ssc.com.fj/about-us/

You might contact both resorts to see if they can get you to another island resort where you can make a connection with South Sea Cruises to go from one to the other.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

If you are only over there for 10 days with the amount of time that you spend firstly getting to a resort and then swapping resorts and then getting back to Nadi for flights I wouldn't bother going to two I would just do the one and you've picked two really good ones.

As a personal choice I would go to Tokoriki for no other reason than I would like to go there. I have nothing against Liku Liku. I have gone passed it a number of times and it looks wonderful,

Anyway good luck

Baz

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

We stayed at Likuliku February 2014 in both the overwater & the Deluxe pvt pool bure and Tokorki March 2015 in the bure again with prvt pool and loved both resorts.

One thing to keep an eye on is daily snorkel trips & the like, these were all an extra cost at Likuliku unless you snorkel out the front (which was great) but inclusive at Tokoriki. We like to jump in a boat to snorkel different locations so this might be something for you to look at.

Food is exceptional at both resorts & so are their grounds etc...

I didn't try the spa at Likuliku so cannot comment but did take up the Tokoriki offer of unlimited 3 days for $350fj which was fabulous.

Honestly you cant go wrong with either resort & my preference would be to stay at one for the full 10 days.

Enjoy your holiday planing & trip.

NYC
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

Thanks for the fantastic firsthand perspective. Sounds like moving is more trouble than it's worth and would create a stressful road bump smack dab in the middle of our trip.

This begs another question. We love just sitting by the beach or pool, but would 10 days feel like too much in either location? Feels like there are options to go to Cloud 9 or other spots so the opportunity to go stir crazy is minimized, but wanted to check.

Also in full disclosure we're considering Tahaa island in French Polynesia. If there are any opinions about this vs. that I'm all ears.

Thanks everyone!

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

Back again.

No matter which resort you finally choose you will have heaps to do and 10 days will flash past.

Fiji is closer to us than French Polynesia and to be perfectly honest it is all about you finding your piece of paradise. We found ours, what I may love you may loathe. So as I said it is about you.

Good luck

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

I've stayed at both resorts and both are lovely. The food at Likuliku is a bit more fine dining, although Tokoriki food is delicious. Both resorts are similar in terms of service, facilities and activities available. I'd pick just one.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

Ten days would be bliss on any island :-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
52 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

I have only stayed on Tokoriki. My husband and I absolutely LOVED IT!!! The resort, spa (unlimited spa package is very indulgent but worth it), day trips, snorkeling, diving, food, and staff were all fantastic.

I agree with others to pick one spot and stay there. Just to note, Tokoriki is on a private island. You can take multiple day trips to other nearby locales; however, the island itself is on the smaller side, and walking from one side of the resort to other takes about 10 minutes.

Even so, we absolutely adored Tokoriki; the waters, views, and grounds are stunning. You can take day trips to "Castaway Island" (gorgeous), a lovely local village, and different snorkeling spots. I would recommend Tokoriki highly for travelers without young children. I was not bored once!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
82 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

I can't speak for Tokoriki, but we were just at LikuLiku at the end of November and it was divine in every way. The service, the food, the setting, the activities. Absolutely amazing. Was there for 5 days but easily could have stayed for 10 or beyond just lounging by the pool.

Reply to: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tokoriki Island