We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

NYC
Level Contributor
147 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

I'm considering doing 5 days at each resort.

1. Is it possible to get from one to the other without going back to Nadi or breaking the bank on a helicopter?

2. Is there any reason to start with one and end with another?

3. Is there another resort within proximity that you'd recommend as part of the time split over Tokoriki or Liku Liku?

Thanks very much,

Ben

15 replies to this topic
starsparkles
Level Contributor
179 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

I'll be the voice of dissent and say yes, move. You're from NY? You'll be ready to move after three nights. You'll be bored to death of the tiny confines, the limited repetitive menu choices, the people, the routine. You'll have snorkeled or gone underwater a few times and want to see some variety to see what else is there. I'd split it to see more places. We spent two weeks and stayed at three places for 3-4 nights each and it was plenty. Next trip we'll do the same.

Edited: 31 January 2016, 12:34
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,146 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

What a choice. have been to Tokoriki, it is lovely and family have honeymooned at both The beachfront bure with plunge pool at LikuLiku seem to be a good choice. The over water bungalows are a fair distance to the main area for dining etc and if it is raining not that great. I think LikuLiku offers that very luxurious feel. The view from the resort to the other islands is beautiful. Tokoriki faces west so you get the amazing Fiji sunsets, the swimming from the beach was the downer there for us, we prefer the ocean to swim over a pool. I can't see a problem with 5 on each I am sure something could be arranged to transfer you, they are no great distance from each other. Lucky you whichever you choose or doubly so if you do both.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
112 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

We have been to Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Tahaa is very nearby. Also have stayed and LikuLiku several times in Fiji. While Bora Bora is truly amazing, we actually prefer Fiji as the people are some of the kindest we've met anywhere in the world. We always stay at 2 resorts in Fiji , travelling farther to the north near the island of Taveuni for the 2nd week. yes, you have to helicopter back to Nadi and then take a plane to Taveuni..so travel amongst any resorts can be timely...

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

Try contacting South Sea Cruises, to see if they will let you catch the ferry from one to another (usually everyone takes it all the way back to Denarau Marina). Most resorts offer the option to charter a private speedboat to get between islands - I see Tokoriki has a web page about this. They are both similar resorts in terms of being luxurious and adults only, but the food at Likuliku is definitely fancier (although both do delicious meals). Likuliku is unique in that it has the over-water bure option. However, I have only stayed in a beachfront villa with a plunge pool at both resorts, and they were brilliant.

Edited: 22 February 2016, 08:22
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split

And of course you'll want to wait a bit and see how they are faring after Cyclone Winston.

Reply to: Tokoriki Island Resort/Liku Liku Lagoon Time Split
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tokoriki Island