We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokoriki Island Resort room layout

South Australia...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tokoriki Island Resort room layout

We are planning a trip to this island and taking our 17 yo with us. Although the Bures claim a king bed and single, I am concerned that no photos show the single bed. Is this a sofa bed or narrow couch or a proper bed? For the price per night I would hate one of our family to be on a cramped bed. I am assuming all both beds are in the same room (or not)?

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort room layout

I would contact the resort and ask. When we were last there it was a single bed which could be used as a day bed.

Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort room layout

Bula Evelyn,

There is a king size bed and we put a proper king single bed in the sitting room area - the bure is 60sqm in size and has plenty of room for the single bed. Plus there is 2 single armchairs, coffee table and an ottoman in this space. There is a third person charge for the extra bed per night. Please email us at the resort direct for more information Evelyn or provide you phone number and we can call you directly. Vinaka and we look forward to seeing you at the resort soon.

starsparkles
Level Contributor
244 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort room layout

We just visited as a couple in the lower category (bure) accommodation. To us, this room felt small. There was no option for a sleep on a couch as the "couch" was two arm chairs made of wicker pressed side by side. These were the 'entry level" rooms at the bargain basement price of under $450 USD via a third party vendor. In contrast, we stayed in a palatial room with plunge pool and king sized canopied day bed outdoors, enormous living room with flat modern sofa and icily airconditioned at Matamanoa for under $350 USD including breakfast. Do look into that property. I think your 17 year old will feel less like a third wheel there as there are multiple beach fronts, places to wander and young people activities throughout the day to allow him/her to be on his/ her own while you do your own thing. Also the restaurant at Tokoriki is very romantic, whereas Matamanoa is less couples oriented.

South Australia...
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort room layout

Thanks all for your feedback. It is very much appreciated and we will look at all options given we have a firm idea of setup.

5. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort room layout

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2017, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Tokoriki Island