We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I accidentally wrote a review for the wrong property

starsparkles
Level Contributor
179 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
I accidentally wrote a review for the wrong property

With a similar name/ Does anyone know how to correct this error? I meant to review Sheraton Tokoriki but posted it under Sheraton Fiji, Both are pending. Thanks!

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,606 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I accidentally wrote a review for the wrong property

Hi Sparkles,

Unfortunately, don't think there is anything you can do till your reviews are posted. Once they are, you can contact trip advisor in the following link and ask them to remove your review for Sheraton Fiji.

https:/…200614847-Can-I-edit-my-review-

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I accidentally wrote a review for the wrong property

Hi Sparkles

Yes, as E&CinReno says, wait until your review is posted - it should happen fairly quickly under normal conditions. Then follow the instructions to ask TA to remove your review.

Do I take it that you have already reviewed the correct property? Still I don't think that should cause any problems.

starsparkles
Level Contributor
179 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I accidentally wrote a review for the wrong property

Thanks, yes, I cut and paste the same thing under the correct property. I think it's clear from reading that I took a boat to get there so maybe the review approvers will figure it out before approving it, or when they see a duplicate. Thanks to you both for replying!

4. Re: I accidentally wrote a review for the wrong property

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 February 2016, 12:35
Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,606 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I accidentally wrote a review for the wrong property

Both your reviews have been posted. In addition to the link I posted, you can also remove your post by clicking on "report" beneath your review, then give a brief explanation posted to wrong location.

starsparkles
Level Contributor
179 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I accidentally wrote a review for the wrong property

I saw that and thanks. I reported it following that link about two hours ago. Hopefully they'll catch it. Cheers!

7. Re: I accidentally wrote a review for the wrong property

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2017, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Tokoriki Island