We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

Granbury, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

Does any one have pictures or information about the extent of damage done to the resort, trees and vegetation that you would be willing to share? We are scheduled to go 4/1/16. We have saved for 10 years for this lifetime dream vacation and will be incredibly disappointed if we arrive to an island that resembles a war torn country. I have emailed the resort and they say every thing is fine with no structural damage however the 3 pics I have located on the internet looks as if the trees & landscape have been dessimated. I would like any unbiased information as we only have until 3/4 to change or cancel accommodations. TIA

50 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
41. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

Vinaka bingo 108 - thank you for your support and first hand experience of what Tokoriki Island Resort truly offers in and out of the cyclone. The experience at the resort far outweighs a few less trees (given that we had many to start with)...see the pool shot on FB coming soon. More pics to come as at the moment there are many hands on deck here to ensure the resort offers a wonderful experience to our treasured guests. Vinaka vaka levu and sota tale!..check your email of your farewell pic...

Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

Bula Daniel K, I believe it has been sorted for you now as I have been in touch with your agent. All the best, and do keep Tokoriki in mind when next in Fiji. Vinaka and thanks for visiting Fiji during this time, we really appreciate our support.

Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

That's great news MsUmphress, we'll make sure there is a glass of bubbles waiting for you on arrival. Vinaka for your support to our beautiful nation of Fiji. Vinaka (thankyou)..

sydney, australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

Thank you so much for the update GMTokoriki. This information is reassuring. My first visit to Tokoriki Island Resort starts on 27 March and I have been reassured by others that the personal welcome and service will more than make up for a few missing plants. Thatching looks so beautiful in the tropics. I'm pleased and relieved it can be achieved so quickly. All the very best to you and your your team and I look forward to my upcoming visit. Cheers!

Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

Vinaka Richard, yes the resort chooses the real thatching rather than the fake plastic thatching to give a more traditional Fijian look and feel on the island and unfortunatley they are not cyclone friendly and are not covered by insurance! However, its the authenticity that our owners prefer and are so proud of. See you in a few weeks. If you have any space in your luggage some school supplies wouldnt go astray for our village school children. Vinaka Richard, looking forward to meeting you at the resort.

sydney, australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

I was planning to bring some gifts for the school children of the village in the form of items they could use in the classroom. In view of recent events I will put in a few extra things. Again, all the best.

Belgium
8 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

TOP team in Tokoriki Resort! Thank a lot for your work.

Belgium
8 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

we have got place on our luggage for the school. children need others things?

Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
49. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

Vinaka dendala, see you soon.

Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston

Bula dendala, mainly school supplies, pencils/erasers,pens etcs things with not a lot of weight for you. Vinaka very much appreciated. You will love your visit to the local village and especially to see the 200 children at the school that depend on our Fiji tourism. Vinaka (thank you).

Edited: 29 February 2016, 17:06
Reply to: Tokoriki Island Resort - Cyclone Winston
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tokoriki Island