We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-La Pudong

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
25 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Shangri-La Pudong

We are planning a stay at The Shangri-La Pudong at the end of the month? What room location is recommended, The Grand Tower or the River Wing? Thank you!

8 replies to this topic
Shanghai Region...
Level Contributor
258 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri-La Pudong

The river wing may offer a great view over Oriental Pearl tower, Suzhou creek& steel bridge and of course the whole Bund area. The rooms however may seem old because it's oldest part of Shangrila hotel.

In my opinion the view from Grand tower are great too, not sure if the top 8 floor are only executive rooms for club members only because they are really nice.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
25 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri-La Pudong

Thanks for the information. We have always enjoyed Shangri-La Properties. Are there any other luxury hotels that are worth co considering during our stay in Shanghai?

Thanks

Paul

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
14,028 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri-La Pudong

One advantage of this hotel is its location opposite to the Bund, one disadvantage of this hotel is it is located on the wrong side of the river, it is not easy nor cheap to get across the river to the West Side of the Huangpu river, where the real city center is, where 90% of the actions are. When we were there, I was surprised how far the ride was to the city, even though it is right across the river.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
25 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri-La Pudong

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any other suggestions on hotels. We are confirmed at the St. Regis. Just want to make sure that we are getting the best location. Thanks, Paul

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
9,728 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shangri-La Pudong

Well it takes me a 5 minutes walk from the Shangri-la and 3 RMB to take the ferry across to the Bund. ;-)

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,946 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shangri-La Pudong

For the view of the Bund, Shangri-La has the closed view, next two are Ritz and Grand Hyatt. The Park Hyatt's view also includes above properties, in addition to the Bund. The hotels on the Bund (Fairmont, Peninsula, ...) have a nice view of Pudong where Hyatts, Shangri-la, and Ritz are located. Another hotel, Hyatt on the Bund (actually on North Bund) has view of both sides (all above mentioned hotels) of the river, my favorite for photograph.

Haven't got a chance to stay at St Reigs.

Seattle
Level Contributor
388 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shangri-La Pudong

I’m currently at the Park Hyatt and it’s beautiful. Great hotel. I walked around today, and wasn’t impressed with the outside of the Shangri-la, looks small...but I’m sure the the inside is great. I do typically like boutique hotels more. Can never go wrong with Shanghai-la. Their food is probably better too.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 20:55
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
25 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shangri-La Pudong

Thanks Malily! We are from Seattle too! We have always stayed at Shangri-La’s and have never been disappointed. Just trying to figure out which building i want to book.

How do you like the Park Hyatt?

Reply to: Shangri-La Pudong
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted