We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rooftop bar/restaurant overlooking Bund or Pudong side

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TO
Level Contributor
185 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
rooftop bar/restaurant overlooking Bund or Pudong side

Do you have any recommendations for either side? How much will it cost for a meal at a restaurant or drinks at a bar?

1. Re: rooftop bar/restaurant overlooking Bund or Pudong side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 November 2011, 22:35
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rooftop bar/restaurant overlooking Bund or Pudong side

some restaurants with bar or rooftop overlooking Bund or Pudong like

M on the Bund

Mr&Mrs Bund

Sky Bar restaurant/Roosevelt restaurant

Stillers restaurant

The Vue Bar at Hyatt on the Bund

New Hts

Whampoa club

Jean Georges french restaurant

U might b interested in the Old Jazz Band at Peace hotel,though no fascinating bund view but atmosphere of original Shanghai in the 1930s.

Shooks restaurant mainly go for the food rather than the view

Most r quite costly in these restaurants,all the above r at the Bund.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rooftop bar/restaurant overlooking Bund or Pudong side

Great view from Pudong side towards the Bund from the bar of the Grand Hyatt IFC Mall.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,486 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rooftop bar/restaurant overlooking Bund or Pudong side

The restaurants on the Bund side of the river are mostly for expense account businessmen. They do not feature native Chinese cuisines for the most part, but "fusion" types and French cooking. I would no sooner go to Shanghai for French food than go to Paris for Chinese food. When in Rome...

(I once ate Chinese in Tel Aviv. Don't ask me why. It was my worst Chinese-style meal ever and the worst meal I had in Israel.)

The best views from the Pudong side are in the lower restaurants along the riverfront hotels and on the eighth and tenth floors of the Superbrand Mall. When you get up in the clouds in some of the world's tallest buildings you have two big problems. First, the haze (pollution) and fog prevents you from seeing much of anything many nights. (If the top is hazy from the bottom, then expect the opposite also.) Second, the Bund buildings are so small, you cannot appreciate the architecture, but just the lights.

TO
Level Contributor
185 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rooftop bar/restaurant overlooking Bund or Pudong side

Thanks for the list! I'll try to narrow it down to 1 on each side.

I hate fusion. If that's the case, I'll probably hang at a bar.

Which one would be the most reasonable in pricing?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rooftop bar/restaurant overlooking Bund or Pudong side

my favorite is 100 century or 87th floor from shanghai world financial center in pudong side

or 789 from le meridian in puxi side

7. Re: rooftop bar/restaurant overlooking Bund or Pudong side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2012, 18:18