We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

market

Alajuela, Costa Rica
9 posts
market

What is the market day?

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: market

There is a market in the center of town known as the "Central Market" that is open 6 days a week, I think. (Maybe 7)

Kuala Lumpur...
5 posts
2. Re: market

Hi thanks, I am just new here as a tourist. I usually buy in either auto mercado, wall mart and price mart but I want to see the market to buy some fresh fish or vegetables and am sure it's not really pricy .... But what time the market is open... Really appreciate the info thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,615 posts
108 reviews
3. Re: market

From 7 am until 5 PM...even open later...

roadadvisor

Alajuela
Destination Expert
for Alajuela
Level Contributor
612 posts
50 reviews
4. Re: market

I'm thinking you really mean "farmers market" day in Alajuela.

It is actually 2 days - it starts around 1pm every Friday and is open till late - it opens again early Saturday morning and the "fire sale" everything must go is over by 2pm or so Saturday. It is at Plaza Ferias a short 10 minute walk west of central market. It is probably the best market in Costa Rica for variety and size and is very well organized. Highly recommended visit - we do a foody market tour from our hotel most Friday afternoons.

Berni

Alajuela

Edited: 26 February 2013, 21:40
Alajuela, Costa Rica
9 posts
5. Re: market

Hi, just went to Central Market this morning thou tt's not market day and not much to buy, just want to know if Plaza Ferias is just like Price Mart?

Alajuela
Destination Expert
for Alajuela
Level Contributor
612 posts
50 reviews
6. Re: market

Um, it is a farmers market which is as far from pricesmart as you can go . . . although coincidentally it is next door physically.

The Mercado Central and "market day" are not connected in any way.

Berni

Alajuela

7. Re: market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2014, 13:17