We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meeting point at the airport

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,369 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
meeting point at the airport

Hello, there is a group of us arriving on 2 different flights, one United and one American, within about 30 minutes of each other. We want to have an easy place to meet since none of us will have working cell phones. Once we meet, we are renting a car from Dollar to take to our hotel.

Can anyone suggest a good meeting point that is easy to find and describe? Maybe somewhere where we could get a beer or soda while waiting?

Thank you for any help.

9 replies to this topic
1. Re: meeting point at the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 November 2016, 01:14

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,701 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: meeting point at the airport

CanaTico they're arriving at Liberia airport. Don't know of any good meeting point there. We always grab an overpriced bottle of water or something else to drink from the small convenience shop off the libby and wait outside with the taxi & shuttle drivers. There's hardly any seating in the large main libby if this airport.

Canada
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: meeting point at the airport

Thanks crfan. I missed that.

Maybe the bar at the nearby Hilton Garden would also work.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: meeting point at the airport

As I recall there is really on one exit area from the terminal. I'd say you can meet to the right of that exit...inside. and can spot each other. LIR is not a large sprawling operation like Miami.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,369 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: meeting point at the airport

Thank you. Yes, I should have said Liberia Airport. Is there a Dollar Counter or shuttle pick up we could meet at? If not, we will just wait by the exit. Sounds like it's not too large of a place.

Grants Pass Or.
Level Contributor
324 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: meeting point at the airport

You may all be going thru customs at the same time...1/2 hr. difference?

Edited: 17 November 2016, 07:01
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,390 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: meeting point at the airport

Unless things have changed since 2015, I don/t think there are any car rental counters inside the airport. There is a Hertz "office" at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street.

Rental shuttles ply the exit areas regularly. And most rental outfits are located along the road off airport.

Another thought on meeting spot. ... meet near the windows where one pays the exit tax when leaving CR.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,369 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: meeting point at the airport

The flights arrive 45 minutes apart. No problem, sounds like we can just watch out for each other near the exit.

Thanks for the help.

New York
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: meeting point at the airport

@SDT

There also a cafeteria/restaurant name German´s Bakery.

2 miles from the airport.

A taxi may cost, $5-$10 max. When the group is ready you may want to call the Rent a Car´s office, I don't think there will be problem to pick you up there.

Reply to: meeting point at the airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted