We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

Charlotte, North...
4 posts
Save Topic
Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

Hi everyone! I am here with my 2 children, and one of them has a birthday while we are here. He really wants to go to a restaurant that has hotdogs. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

9 replies to this topic
Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

It's not too easy to find places that serve hot dogs, but The Shack in nearby Playa Protero serves plain hot dos, Chile dogs and Chicago style dogs.

Charlotte, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

Thank you for such a quick response! I wasn't planning on renting a car, so I would need to find a place within walking distance. We may need to buy some and throw them on the grill!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

Sure you can buy and throw them on the grill! The Shack is only a couple miles away so a taxi would not cost too much!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
576 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

I haven't found any good tasting hot dogs here. Hopefully other people have and can advise as to which brand to buy. Also, the hot dogs that we have tried were individually wrapped in plastic. I don't remember but I guess we boiled them, and when we took that first bite, that's when we discovered the plastic!

Charlotte, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

Thanks! I actually found that Marie's serves hotdogs!! My little boy will be so happy!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

Please come back and let us know if it's really a hot dog, like we eat in the States, or whether it's Salchichon...Costa Rica's sausage! Thanks!

Canada
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

Ticos eat a lot of hot dogs but they usually serve them with a coleslaw type mixture and salsa roja, which is just a mixture of ketchup and mayo.

Salchichon is usually sliced on an angle, grilled and served on a corn tortilla with pico de gallo.

Edited: 07 July 2017, 01:40
Charlotte, North...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

We gave it a go at Marie's, and it was a real hotdog! The only thing he didn't like is that the bun was actually 2 pieces of a hotdog bun rather than the kind that is attached at the bottom (I know I'm not explaining this well - my brain is fried from the beach today!). But he was still pumped! Will try The Shack at some point, too.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need to find a place that serves hotdogs

Yippy! So glad he got his hot dog!

Reply to: Need to find a place that serves hotdogs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted