We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?

Brooklyn, New York
1 post
Save Topic
Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?

We are three females traveling to Samara in August. Looking for recommendations for nice and affordable lodging. Also, wanted to double check that it is a safe town for three females that don't speak much Spanish? Thanks.

The Hideaway Hotel Playa Samara
The Hideaway Hotel Playa Samara
#1 of 17 hotels in Playa Samara
Fenix Hotel - On The Beach
Fenix Hotel - On The Beach
#2 of 17 hotels in Playa Samara
Lodge Las Ranas
Lodge Las Ranas
#3 of 17 hotels in Playa Samara
8 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?

Look through the hotels description here - https://www.twoweeksincostarica.com/samara/ . Also Gecko Verde www.hotelsamaracostarica.com/gallery.html .

Nowhere
Destination Expert
for Playa Samara
Level Contributor
4,598 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?

I'd suggest the Belvedere - it's clean, affordable, and within easy walking distance to town and beach. Their breakfast is also quite good and offers sufficient variety.

And yes, it's safe - with or without Spanish...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?

Entres Dos Aquas and Tico Adventure Lodge are both very affordable and right in town.

My personal favorite is El Pequeno Gecko Verdo due to the lovely bungalows and the trails and private little beach. It's not right in town but not a long walk .. at least for me..

Lots of females in Samara that don't speak Spanish. Quite a lot go there to the Spanish school.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 04:07
4. Re: Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2018, 22:00

Tucson,AZ
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?

I've stayed at Hotel Giada a couple of times. It's nice and affordable

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30…

WaKeeney, Kansas
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?

Check out Las Palmeras on the west end of Samara. You will enjoy the amenities,and proximity to the beach. Many locals speak Spanish.

Tucson,AZ
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?

"Many locals speak Spanish."

Yes they do and English :-)

Silverthorne...
Level Contributor
668 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?

I second Las Palmeras. They have excellent security, a nice pool, close to town and the beach and the accommodations are affordable. Last time we stayed there I tipped the security guy the equivalence of $20 as we were leaving (2 week stay), he was so nice and worked so hard. He was literally in shock. Super sweet. There is a deli and a tienda around the corner as well. Rent bikes from just down the street and enjoy the town. We took surf lessons and had a ton of fun. The food was good, the people amazing, the beaches wonderful. My favorite beach town in CR so far! We always feel safe in Costa Rica and Samara is a gem of its own. You will have a wonderful time. It is a true Tico town with plenty of americans/ex pats but they seem to embrace the culture, not ignore it. Check out the Intercultural School. We went to a bracelet making class there and had a ball. I think it was a dollar. Out of all the places I have enjoyed in CR, I would definitely recommend Samara for a girls trip! You will have so much fun!

Reply to: Nice and affordable hotel in Samara?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted