We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer stores/liquor stores in Montezuma

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Beer stores/liquor stores in Montezuma

We will be in Montezuma during Xmas 2017 through New Year 2018 and are staying in an apartment-style hotel with a kitchen. We would love to stock the fridge at the beginning of the week with tons of beer and have liquor/wine, as well. Besides restaurants and bars, I'm having trouble finding anything online about where (if anywhere) in Montezuma we can buy beer (6 packs, 12 packs, cases, cans, bottles, anything!) and liquor/wine. I know there's a grocery store with food items - do they sell alcohol? And if so, what are the prices like? Any advice will help, thank you! I would love to spend my vacation reasonably buzzed.

2 replies to this topic
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
753 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Beer stores/liquor stores in Montezuma

You will have no trouble buying booze in the grocery store. If you want hard liquor, it's best to buy it at the duty free stores in the airport. It is much cheaper there.

Fish Creek...
Level Contributor
312 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Beer stores/liquor stores in Montezuma

Is it enough of a savings to shop in San Jose before driving to Montezuma? Which store would you shop at if it is cheaper- Fresh Market, Auto Mercado, Megasuper? Does one store have more specialty items that you may not get in Montezuma like good cheese, deli items, etc.

Reply to: Beer stores/liquor stores in Montezuma
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montezuma