We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

Midland, Texas
3 posts
Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

I will be in the area for a few days and am wondering if anyone know some prime locations for cliff jumping, preferably higher than 20ft.

Thanks!

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
123 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

I noticed no one has responded to this question and I'm not sure I'll be much help, but my group is planning to book a vacation buggy tour (vacationbuggy.com) on our visit to the area in May and they take you out in the jungle on a tour of suspension bridges and waterfalls. I'm not certain but I believe somewhere in some reviews or on their website something was mentioned about jumping into a waterfall pool from maybe 30 feet or so? I also think the 10 in 1 ADR adventure tour may have something like that for the daring as well.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
216 reviews
2. Re: Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

You can jump off a ledge of La Nauyaca Waterfall near Dominical, a little over an hour drive north and then a hike or horse ride to the falls. It's an awesome waterfall... You can see plenty of images and YouTube videos of people jumping. The jump is about 30 feet high.

I honestly don't know of any waterfalls in the Manuel Antonio area that are even 30 feet tall straight up.

There is a small waterfall know as La Culebra about 30 minutes from Quepos. It's a locals spot, and there is a great rope swing. You can also see a video of that on YouTube.

Anyone else know?

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
216 reviews
3. Re: Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

In the 10-1 Adventure, you take a Zipline through a waterfall and it stops over top of a natural pool at the base. You disconnect and free fall.

...but you have to pay over $100 to do that excursion... (It's worth it if you want to do zip lines, rapells, etc)

4. Re: Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 15:20