We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

Midland, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

I will be in the area for a few days and am wondering if anyone know some prime locations for cliff jumping, preferably higher than 20ft.

Thanks!

Portland, ME
Level Contributor
123 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

I noticed no one has responded to this question and I'm not sure I'll be much help, but my group is planning to book a vacation buggy tour (vacationbuggy.com) on our visit to the area in May and they take you out in the jungle on a tour of suspension bridges and waterfalls. I'm not certain but I believe somewhere in some reviews or on their website something was mentioned about jumping into a waterfall pool from maybe 30 feet or so? I also think the 10 in 1 ADR adventure tour may have something like that for the daring as well.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

You can jump off a ledge of La Nauyaca Waterfall near Dominical, a little over an hour drive north and then a hike or horse ride to the falls. It's an awesome waterfall... You can see plenty of images and YouTube videos of people jumping. The jump is about 30 feet high.

I honestly don't know of any waterfalls in the Manuel Antonio area that are even 30 feet tall straight up.

There is a small waterfall know as La Culebra about 30 minutes from Quepos. It's a locals spot, and there is a great rope swing. You can also see a video of that on YouTube.

Anyone else know?

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

In the 10-1 Adventure, you take a Zipline through a waterfall and it stops over top of a natural pool at the base. You disconnect and free fall.

...but you have to pay over $100 to do that excursion... (It's worth it if you want to do zip lines, rapells, etc)

4. Re: Locations for cliff jumping/diving near the Quepos area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2015, 15:20