We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moorea to Bora Bora by private boat

2 posts
Moorea to Bora Bora by private boat

Hi everyone, I am hoping to find an answer here. We are trying to find a company who can offer a private transfer between Moorea and Bora Bora over 3 days. We would like to visit other islands on the way and spend time fishing, bit of diving if possible and relaxing on the boat.

I understand it is very short time and it is a long way but that what we really like to do so we are prepared to travel that far between these Islands.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

4 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
582 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Moorea to Bora Bora by private boat

There's a company based in Bora Bora that does private tours in a catamaran that has what looks like 2 cabins. Not sure if they would go all the way to Moorea, but if they don't, maybe they can refer you to someone who would. Just go to Facebook and type in "Bora Bora Cruise & Dive" in the search box to get to their page, where you can send them a private message.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
661 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: Moorea to Bora Bora by private boat

I'm not sure what you anticipate for an itinerary or what you have for a budget, but the information provided here doesn't seem feasible.

The distance from Bora to Moorea (by air) is almost 1 hour. That equates to approximately 3-4 hours by sea. That IS assuming a consistent speed of about 40-50 knots, fair seas, AND without stopping at anytime.

Would you be flying out of the destination island, or returning via boat? If you're returning by sea, the plan certainly is not possible. You would need much more than three days to be able to visit other islands, dive, and relax on the boat. We may provide different opinions if you advise you entire itinerary, otherwise

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
232 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Moorea to Bora Bora by private boat

There are catamaran and sailboats that sail to Bora Bora over a couple of days. You can hire them as barefoot, cabin or charter with a crew. I think they mostly go out of Raitea and sail to Bora Bora. Dream Yacht Charter is one that I've looked at. I also found some on Airbnb and booked a 7-night catamaran vacation in Fakarava for September.

Poole, United...
1 post
4. Re: Moorea to Bora Bora by private boat

Hi Josh, thank you for your reply. We are flying back to Tahiti from Bora Bora after 8 days. I think we will have enought time to go on boats and discover more while we are staying in bora bora. We just really want to spend couple of nights on either catamaran or speed boat. we know its far to travel and it wont be too much time but we could visit couple of islands on the way for a short time?

We would love to do diving if we have enough time.

Edited: 17 June 2018, 14:36
Reply to: Moorea to Bora Bora by private boat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted