We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do if it rains

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
182 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do if it rains

Weather not looking great for our time in B.B. and Moorea. Bummed. Traveling with husband and 11 year old, starting to think about how to keep busy if it’s raining. Ideas? ( spa, yes but can’t go all day)

13 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
976 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do if it rains

Don't worry. Weathers forecasts are not the best there. Even if it rains a little the water is warm and swimming is always fun.

Ignore the forecast

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
410 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do if it rains

Phedras is right. Unless there's a major storm coming (and I don't think this is supposed to be a bad cyclone season), the rain will just come and go. And half the time the forecast is wrong anyway. The wind direction is constantly changing in F.P. so forecasts are not accurate until maybe the hour before. And even then, the rain may be on one side of the island but not the other.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do if it rains

Thanks,good to know. Was getting bummed to see days of rain

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do if it rains

About dancing in the rain? it will pass and then jump in the lagoon? Don't stress out over the forecast, the closest weather station is 1000s of miles away and they are always wrong, if you see no birds at all then hide because it means a Cyclone is approaching - At least that is the what local say here.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
182 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do if it rains

Love it thanks

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
496 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do if it rains

Snorkel, sit on the beach in the rain, read a book outside (under cover). +1 on what others have said about the forecast. Unless you are speaking with a local, or are looking at the skies (personally)...I would take forecasts with a grain of salt.

I know we had welcomed the rain during our stay in Bora. It was SO hot and humid, the rain was refreshing and the storms were fun to watch. Granted, I would be disappointed if it stormed the majority of my trip but most rainfall is heavy and quick.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
35,727 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do if it rains

Rain may only be around for 10-15 minutes.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,560 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do if it rains

In 1978 on our first trip to Club Med on Moorea I wouldn't have to ask this question and now that I'm 86 I'll just take a nap and dream about 1978.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
410 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do if it rains

And you can always check here to see if there is a cyclone on the way:

www.meteo.pf/vigi_cyclone.php?1721012691

Right now the entire map is white, meaning no cyclone in the next 72 hours.

California
Level Contributor
10,026 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do if it rains

Hamara, 😂❤️

Reply to: Things to do if it rains
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted