We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitoes and Noseeums/Sand Fleas.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitoes and Noseeums/Sand Fleas.

1. How bad are the noseeums at the Conrad/Le Moana and Matira? We recently came back from the Bahamas and the bites were HORRRIBLE for two weeks. No way I'd like my toddler to go through that at Bora. Noseeums were non existent on our last trip to BB.

2. How are the mosquitoes at Conrad garden bungalows? We were at the Thalasso OWB a couple years back and had 0 bites without any sort of repellent. Went to Le Moana beach bungalow and were eaten up (although had no issues at the beach or at Matira).

Mentioned in this post
Matira Beach
Matira Beach
1,258 Reviews
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
2 replies to this topic
Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
615 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitoes and Noseeums/Sand Fleas.

Keep in mind you are traveling to a tropical part of the world, good thing is that we have no other venomous animals on LAND:-) The Conrad handles the problem well.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
130 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitoes and Noseeums/Sand Fleas.

Oh absolutely! :). I wasn't expecting there to be no mosquitoes. Was just curious about the Conrad since the Thalasso does an impeccable job.

My main fear are the noseeums. We didn't come across any on our last visit but now I'm hearing people mention them which is concerning me.

Our experience was bad enough in the Bahamas that it's not something I'd expose my toddler to. The itching is the worst I've felt in my life. Almost on par with chicken pox.

Reply to: Mosquitoes and Noseeums/Sand Fleas.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted