We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic private dinner suggestions

london
Level Contributor
180 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic private dinner suggestions

Hello

I hope all is well.

I’m looking for very romantic and remote/private dinner suggestions for our honeymoon.

What can you suggest?

Thank you!

Lagoon Restaurant by Jean-Georges
$$$$, French, Seafood, European
St James Bora Bora
$$$$, French, Seafood, European
MaiKai Marina
$$ - $$$, French, Seafood, Polynesian
12 replies to this topic
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
201 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic private dinner suggestions

I know Lagoon Services does a private dinner on a motu, but I've never done it. Lagoon Services does have great reviews on Tripadvisor.

Edited: 08 June 2018, 23:36
santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,587 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic private dinner suggestions

Hi hi,

Indeed Lagoon Services offers a private romantic dinner....Hubby and I have done it. It's very expensive....but oh so Romantic! They start with a private sunset cruise out to the opening in the reef & sunset. This is followed by a private dinner on their motu (small private islet in the lagoon)...the table is situated at waters edge/partial overwater covered deck. The dinner included lobster & was all grilled in nature along with wine. It was really delicious....our boat captain/chef also played guitar while our waitress did a few romantic tahitian dances for us....it was lovely.

Most all the other established resorts offer some sort of private romantic dinner for two....usually on the beach with flowers/candlelight etc.... We've done several of these and they are always nice. Contact the concierge at your resort or your travel professional to set this up....they are happy to send you menus, photos etc. Enjoy paradise & Congratulations!

sunny regards,

shully

Edited: 09 June 2018, 00:07
Alabama
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic private dinner suggestions

We are scheduled for the LS sunset cruise and private dinner for the night of our 20th anniversary in 2 weeks. Very excited!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
258 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic private dinner suggestions

La Villa Mahana..google it...incredible romantic 30th anniversary dinner..it was perfect..we had a table upstairs..very private ..or the table outside is also private

Edited: 09 June 2018, 22:28
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
452 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic private dinner suggestions

I haven't done the private dinner cruise with Lagoon Service, but I have taken their full day tour to their private motu and it was beautiful. And the food they cooked was surprisingly delicious. Great suggestion, Shully!

Mentioned in this post
Lagoon Service Bora Bora
Lagoon Service Bora Bora
650 Reviews
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
36,652 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic private dinner suggestions

Sofitel Private Island has a romantic dinner on Monday evening's.

Mentioned in this post
Sofitel Bora Bora Private Island
Sofitel Bora Bora...
940 Reviews
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Jonen,Switzerland
Level Contributor
306 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic private dinner suggestions

Villa Mahana would be my first option not only romantic but also wonderful dishes. We try to return so often we can. You have to let them know you would like it very private and romantic, they try their very best. At softitel Mahana I saw sometimes romantic dinner set right at the beach. First maybe the drink up at their hill for sunset and then a beach dinner for two. Talk to them. Food was top and flop. Depends who is in the kitchen. We had both experience. Room service with burger was great and we enjoyed the Terrasse to the lagoon. The OWB were to windy when we where there. For me the most romantic place is Vahine Island where we really were the single couple at their beach, but this is not in Bora Bora. Vahine can be reached via RAR and Boat Transfer and will need a overnight. Don’t forget to use Moskito spray. Have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Moorpark, California
Level Contributor
156 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic private dinner suggestions

If you are a foodie and enjoy good French food, Villa Mahana is an excellent option. It is small with a quiet vibe; intimate and good for special occasions. We did the multi-course menu (Menu Epicurean and Menu Gastrique) which was the best dinner we had on our FP trip.

Fort Worth, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic private dinner suggestions

Is it as expensive as some peoplensay?

Jonen,Switzerland
Level Contributor
306 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic private dinner suggestions

It’s point of view. Of course you can spend there more money specially if you order expensive and exquisite wines. We took the menu incl. A different wine to match the course. This was perfect for us. It’s not fusion food or nouvelle cuisine, here you get a lot of wonderful food and you will not leave hungry. So in my opinion it’s worth every penny. One of the best Filets and lambs of my live - and my dad was a wonderful chef and we have travelled quite a bit. I just had the very best experience there each time we went. Enjoy.

Reply to: Romantic private dinner suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted