We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended reserve/safari park

Fukuyama, Japan
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Recommended reserve/safari park

Hi folks, I will be down at Port Elizabeth in April for the Ironman and would have a few days after that to sightsee.

Is there any recommended Reserve/Safari Park in PE or nearby

How about in Johannesburg?

Which would have nicer or a better reserve/safari park?

Besides this, is there any other recommended or MUST DO thing in PE/JHN or nearby?

I have 3-4 days to work around with.

Cheers.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,275 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Recommended reserve/safari park

Hi there

I can recommend Amakhala Private Game reserve close to Port Elizabeth. Only an hours drive from the City and you can try the Woodbury Tented Camps or Lodges. I can recommend others too, but i do not have that personnel experience that i have had at Amakhala, www.amakhala.co.za . Proper Safari with loads of animals to see, inclusive in their price is also everything, game drives, food and drinks. Not to bad.

Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

2. Re: Recommended reserve/safari park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 January 2012, 17:35
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Recommended reserve/safari park

Hi Capetown021,

Welcome back to the forums, after an absence of two years.

It might be worth your knowing that the forums are not here for advertising, whether it be self-advertising or promotion of this type, whether for a supposedly legitimate non-profit organisation or not.

You've simply posted the same post on another thread, but simply changing the name of the game reserve you're promoting. And I'll be simply copying this message to the thread as well.

Kindly do not be surprised when your post is removed.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Recommended reserve/safari park

Thanks so much BushkidO.

I have been to Amakhala and do think that Kariega looks great. I also think that their deal via Open Africa is worth knowing about. I added this post to both threads as they are both relevant.

That said, I also appreciate your comments about these forums not being for promotion. It would be great if you did take the time to look at what Open Africa is doing. You'd see that it is a legitimate and worthwhile non-profit.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Recommended reserve/safari park

Hi Capetown,

I thank you for the introduction, and refer to my post on the other thread.

To advertise companies (whether profit or non-profit), products and pricing on the open forum is against the rules.

You're welcome to set up a new thread providing an objective introduction to the organisation as an advisory.

I stand by my request to have your post removed. If TA becomes a free-for-all for non-profits and NGO's, I'm out here!

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
6. Re: Recommended reserve/safari park

What price range? You can pay anything from about R1000 a night to about R5500. (My rough prices include meals, maybe drinks and 2 game drives.)

London, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
94 reviews
7. Re: Recommended reserve/safari park

The link you recommend doesn't seem to work :-(

Sydney
Level Contributor
123 posts
86 reviews
8. Re: Recommended reserve/safari park

Addo Elephant Park is great and not too expensive. This is not a private game park so is afforable. Depends on your budget. We saw a lot of game even though it's not as big as some of the other national parks.

Cape Town
Level Contributor
733 posts
1 review
9. Re: Recommended reserve/safari park

Hayden.

I tried the link too and although the home page does not work, you can click on the specials.

Mark

10. Re: Recommended reserve/safari park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 January 2012, 07:05