We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

USD to ZAR Exchange

Atlanta, Georgia
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
USD to ZAR Exchange

I am traveling from US to South Africa next week. Which is cheaper, buying Rand before I leave or in Johannesburg airport? US price for me is $0.081 per Rand +$7 shipping fee.

21 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: USD to ZAR Exchange

Thanks Hank and Dave, This Xenophobia is getting so ludicrous to the point of farcical. I don't think the advice is anti SA as I have booked trip 7 this October. I'd rather know the current situation regarding ATMS in the aforementioned locations. I would say the same if it applied in Sydney. My last visit to O Tambo was very unpleasant regarding the drug freaked trolley snatchers and I mentioned it here and got flamed . It actually got very close to physical but my hub wasn't going to succumb. Does that make us anti SA ......... NO. It was a heads up and should be allowed rather than just dismissed as fake news ! I think Bwanadave is the voice of reason as many of us are trying to assist with situations which may ruin a well planned dream holiday. Lay off cbir

Reply to: USD to ZAR Exchange
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted