We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drop-in dance studios in Johannesburg?

1 post
Save Topic
Drop-in dance studios in Johannesburg?

Hi, are there any good drop-in dance studios in Joburg? Preferably, closer to the Sandton area, but it doesn't have to be. I'm a huge believer of word-of-mouth, so I don't really trust a simple google search and would really like an experienced opinion. I flew in from LA, so I'm looking for a studio with a similar structure to Millennium Dance Complex or the Broadway Dance Centre where it has classes for different urban styles + contemporary. If a studio like that doesn't exist, I'm also interested in any community dance workshops. Usually the dance community is the first place I look to get a taste of a city, so it'd be really awesome if I could find my way to the heart of SA's.

3 replies to this topic
Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
5,160 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drop-in dance studios in Johannesburg?

Sorry, I have no idea what a "drop in dance studio" may be.

I never dance, because I have no rhythm. and also, I have THREE left feet :-)

However, Google found these.

I am not sure if this is what you want.

There may be others ( I am sure there must be), but, as I said, I have no personal recommendation due to my inability to dance, so, perhaps someone else can help.

Good Luck!

http://www.dancefactory.co.za/

www.gauteng.net/attractions/dance_factory

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drop-in dance studios in Johannesburg?

There's one at OR Tambo arrivals.

Just start dancing in the oval concourse, we won't stop you ;)

Canada
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drop-in dance studios in Johannesburg?

We used to take Latin and Ballroom classes at the Dance Junxion a few years ago. They do other dance styles as well, but I'm not sure if it is what you're looking for and I'm not sure if they accept drop-ins, but you can make a booking online. Their website is https://dancejunxion.co.za/.

Reply to: Drop-in dance studios in Johannesburg?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted