We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviews of Shayamanzi Houseboats

Victoria, Canada
5 posts
Reviews of Shayamanzi Houseboats

Am trying to find some recent reviews of the Shayamanzi Houseboats. Ones from a few years ago reported on passengers getting sick (from food or water?). Has anyone been there recently?

3 replies to this topic
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,915 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Reviews of Shayamanzi Houseboats

It recently had a management change and is affiliated with Tembe Elephant Park. Great combo. But with the change, I’d expect a bit of an upgraded experience. Tembe gets great reviews (I love it) so I think they don’t want to ruin their reputation. Maybe read Tembe reviews for any recent info? I haven’t been to Shayamanzi yet but it’s high on my list for our next visits. Looks like fun to me.

Victoria, Canada
5 posts
2. Re: Reviews of Shayamanzi Houseboats

I love Tembe and am planning to go back in 2019. I thought I might take on a couple of days on the houseboats. I realize that Tembe is now booking for Shayamanzi but wasn't sure what the total involvement was. It gives me some confidence if Tembe is overseeing/managing it.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,915 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Reviews of Shayamanzi Houseboats

I know they are affiliated but i don't think it’s ownership. Tembe is expanding - they opened a lodge in Kosi Bay (Utshayelo - if I spelled it right). Contact Tembe and ask them. Claudette should be able to help you.

Reply to: Reviews of Shayamanzi Houseboats
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted