We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best things to do in Ballito and Durban

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best things to do in Ballito and Durban

My wife and I with two teenage boys (19 and 17) are spending three nights in Ballito in two weeks time. Greatful for advice on the best things to do and good places to eat. I hope its nice and warm in SA because this summer in the UK is a wash out so far! Thank You

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best things to do in Ballito and Durban

We ate twice at 9th Avenue Bistro - excellent price/value ratio. Also there's a 1st rate arts and crafts store on Florida Avenue. I admit this was several years ago. The bistro is still there. Not sure about the crafts store. It had unique items we did not see elsewhere.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Best things to do in Ballito and Durban

Thanks for the help guys. We are off tomorrow morning. Cant wait!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
512 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best things to do in Ballito and Durban

Mozambique resturaunt is a really nice place to eat too. It's a little local place, not too far from the beach ( I don't know the address sorry, I just know how to get there from my mother in laws house!) it's great Portuguese food and it's quite cheap too. The peri peri chicken livers and calimari are so yummy! Have a great trip!

Durban
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best things to do in Ballito and Durban

Hi sorry only saw your post now :( Sardine run is somewhere on the south coast south of Durban, and yesterday's radio reports said the shoals are swimming fast and they are not too concentrated. Nobody seems very sure when they will hit here in mass. But I see the news report says otherwise - getting conflicted reports. I am not an expert of this I am afraid. My husband works down at the beach and he reported nothing yesterday...

15. Re: Best things to do in Ballito and Durban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 04:46