I have a few noob questions about my first visit to Kruger/South Africa. Chronologically:
4 nights in Durban
4 nights in Johannesburg
5 nights Cape Town
5 nights Kruger
1 night leftover
1. Early December -- Can I wear shorts for the most part? How about short athletic socks? Will I get eaten alive by mosquitoes or snakes? I'll be two nights in a private reserve and three in Skukuza rest camp with a group tour.
2. Same question for Cape Town. Will I likely be alright wearing shorts, even out to the Cape and up the mountain?
3. Leftover night -- Depart JNB for US at ~10pm. (I cannot miss this flight :o ) The tour company says no problem for a Panoramic Route tour from Hazyview that same day, and then fly back to JNB from HDS in the early evening.
- What's the risk of not making it back to JNB in time for my flight?
- I'm flying out business class on BA. Will I be able to catch a shower and change clothes at one of the JNB lounges?
- Or should I punt and come back to Joburg to spend the extra night?
Thanks in advance !