Me and my wife are planning a trip around Southern Africa, since we have a wedding to attend in Cape Town around December time.
We already have an idea of where we would like to visit, but we need some advice on how to travel between the countries.
Our itinerary is:
1. London to Johannesburg (flight)
2. Johannesburg to Kruger National Park (self-drive)
3. Kruger National Park to Mozambique (???)
4. Mozambique to Victoria Falls (flight)
5. Victoria Falls to Cape Town (flight)
6. Cape Town to London
My question is mainly around how we travel between Kruger and Mozambique?
We were hoping to continue on with our rental car from Johannesburg, but that doesn’t appear to be an option as we’d be crossing borders and I’m not sure we would be able to pick up a rental car in SA and drop off in Mozambique.
Is there a savvy way we can avoid the trip back to Johannesburg and flight over the Mozambique, since being in Kruger we will be so close to Mozambique?