We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skukuza airport

Florida
2 posts
2 reviews
Skukuza airport

We are trying to be ok a flight from skukuza to jnb for our onward international flight but seems there have been changes dates are only thru may 2019. What happened with airlink and will there be someone taking up the flights or should we just plan on getting back to HDS airport?

6 replies to this topic
Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Skukuza airport

That’s a year off. Hopefully the situation with Airlink will sort out.

Yehud, Israel
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
2. Re: Skukuza airport

Excuse my ignorance... but what is “the situation with Airlink”? Anything I should be worried about, having paid for tickets to/from Skukuza in November?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,315 posts
3. Re: Skukuza airport

There isn't a problem, with SA Airlink. It is with SA EXPRESS, which is a totally different airline. SA Airlink and SA Airlines (the major State Airline) are taking over the majority of their flights - at least temporally.

engineeringnews.co.za/article/saa-and-partne…

I think people are getting confused.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 23:03
Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,315 posts
4. Re: Skukuza airport

"dates are only thru may 2019"

This is because virtually all the world's airlines only issue schedules maximum 11 - 12 months in advance!

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Skukuza airport

It’s a year off so we don’t know which airlines will be running the flights until it gets squared away. I don’t think getting to HDS is going to make any difference unless it’s closer to wherever you’re staying. Skukuza isn’t always the best airport to use, it depends on your accommodations.

SA Airlink, SAA and SA Express - all airlines that are trying to sort stuff out and the flights will run but right now there’s uncertainty. SA Express has lost its operating license. For how long? Who knows. Will they run again? Who knows. But flights will fly, maybe with minor changes. A year out is a very long time.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,483 posts
65 reviews
6. Re: Skukuza airport

Nothing has happened to SAAirlink. Check again for schedules when you are within maybe 11 months of your travel dates.

Reply to: Skukuza airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kruger National Park