We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Town - Weather Late April to Early May

London
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Cape Town - Weather Late April to Early May

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the weather would typically be like this time of year in Cape Town.

I plan to visit 24.04 - 1.05 but sunbathing will be the last thing on my to do list! I was hoping to do a lot of outdoor activities, hiking up table mountain, shark diving, horse riding etc.

If anyone could let me know that would be great! Thanks

Sarah

Cape Town
Level Contributor
15 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Cape Town - Weather Late April to Early May

Hi there,

It is 30 degrees today and we have had a beautiful summer! May weather should be an average of 19 C. We can get rain but normally that only comes in late June.

I thought this site was good for information on weather: bbc.co.uk/weather/…

We still do a lot of outdoor stuff in late May. Hiking up TM is great, lots of locations for horseriding - check capetown.travel/attractions/…. Infact - check out the things to do section of Cape Town Tourism's website: www.capetown.travel for lots of ideas.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
158 reviews
2. Re: Cape Town - Weather Late April to Early May

Hi Sarah,

If you google "cape town weater" - you should get "uncover the cape" and you will get a weekly weather report. Its quite good.

At the moment the weather is still great. Sun is shining - it feels about 26 deg but with Cape Town you never know from one minute to the next. We can have 4 seasons in one day. It shouldnt be too cold but it can be but you should defininitely be able to do your outdoor activities.

3. Re: Cape Town - Weather Late April to Early May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 23:19