We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Airlines

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Airlines

I now see that Turkish Airlines are charging 45 euros per ticket as a ticketing fee on the internet. This is something new. Do other airlines do the same thing. If they dont get you on the fuel surcharge, they get you on the foreign exchange and now the ticketing.

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
381 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Airlines

Yes Diva they screw you in all sorts of ways these days. The airline industry has changed drastically in the last few years. I was part of that industry for 20 good years…..all I can say now is take the best fare at the time and book it.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Airlines

I am just about to book on Turkish Airlines. Do you mean that they add 45 euros to the price quoted - at the end of the booking?

Palma de Mallorca...
Level Contributor
381 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkish Airlines

From the UK I see they charge GBP8.82 "Ticketing Service Charge" (Return Ticket). From South Africa to UK (for example) there isn’t any fee shown on their booking engine (other than air fare and taxes).

Which dates and routing are you looking at? I cannot see anything regarding a 45Euro surcharge, so it may well be only applicable on certain routes.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkish Airlines

I saw the 45 euro ticketing charge when i was looking at a booking on the TURKISH AIRLINES site ex Cape Town. Havnt looked again. Found the travel agent's price the same as T/A on the internet.

5. Re: Turkish Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 13:16