We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Township gospel tour

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
159 posts
63 reviews
Township gospel tour

Sorry for the repeat post -- didn't know that the first one posted.

We would like to visit a township with a guide or company that is sensitive to the voyeurism issue and does not make us -- or the people we see -- uncomfortable. We will be available for a tour Sunday morning if possible to visit church and perhaps hear music? Suggestions welcome.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
3,105 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Township gospel tour

This link might help: capetown.travel/attractions/entry/places_of_…

The links within the article seem to be to the denominations' websites.

If you are churchgoers yourselves, one possibility if no-one comes up with a tour suggestion may be to contact the headquarters of your own denomination and find out which township parishes/congregations have good choirs. Then you could attend a Sunday service as regular worshippers - no voyeurism there.

Edited: 05 July 2012, 04:04
Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Township gospel tour

I have never personally done this tour, but it has been recommended on TA. If you go, let us know how it is - I'll be there about three weeks after you!

www.gocamissa.co.za/tour-detail.asp…

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
159 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Township gospel tour

Thanks. We are Jewish and plan to visit the Great Synagogue, but the gospel would be something special on a township visit.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
159 posts
63 reviews
4. Re: Township gospel tour

That tour link is helpful -- thanks!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
81 reviews
5. Re: Township gospel tour

Hi there

I also second the tip for Camissa Tours in Cape Town.

Best Regards

Hank - Owner - Ulungele Tours

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
159 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: Township gospel tour

Thanks for the info -- I will contact them!

7. Re: Township gospel tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 04:46