We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rate & Beer

6 posts
Exchange rate & Beer

Anyone in Olu Deniz at the minute that could tell me the exchange rate you're getting? and how whilst im on the subject of money, on average how much is an Efes this year?

6 replies to this topic
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
137 reviews
1. Re: Exchange rate & Beer

Hi Billy welcome to the forum.

Exchange around 6TL to the £

Large efes from 22TL on the front to 15TL off the front to 12TL in Hisaronu.

6 posts
2. Re: Exchange rate & Beer

Thank you, DCM.

Whilst I can appreciate they have to increase there prices, is it still working out just as cheap to eat and drink like it used to? when I first started going to Turkey it was about 10TL for a large Effes but, Exchange-rate at the time was about 2.3TL - £1 or something like that.

Working out the price of beer gives me an indication of how cheap/expensive it is (not that it is expensive but you no what I mean)

Have you noticed the difference in price for food, has it increased? or in keeping with Exchange-rate?

Edited: 06 June 2018, 21:56
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
137 reviews
3. Re: Exchange rate & Beer

I havnt been this year yet, however all reports are food is no different, you can get a good pide for 18TL (£3) or a steak for around (50TL); beer wise really depends where you go. In Olu the likes of Buz have always been a little more expensive but you can def find cheaper.

6 posts
4. Re: Exchange rate & Beer

Yeah I know the front you're always going to expect it to be more expensive, and as far as buzz goes you pay for the view and atmosphere, however, I've heard mixed reviews this year. Haven't been since 2016 as had last off for a change. But it's apparently not like it once was, especially without the terrace. I could be wrong, I'm just going by what people have said... but 50TL for steak you can't go wrong.

Edited: 06 June 2018, 22:47
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
137 reviews
5. Re: Exchange rate & Beer

Nope you cant Billy and there are several other places on the front with great views and terraces. Buz said would be back this year and now next year; we will see.

6 posts
6. Re: Exchange rate & Beer

Yeah I hope it comes back, it's nice to watch a sunset with a have cocktail. Jade terrace is a nice one we go too as well.

Reply to: Exchange rate & Beer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz