We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIM card

Weston-super-Mare...
12 posts
Save Topic
SIM card

Is it worth getting a Turkish SIM card

Or is there a better alternative as don't think turkey in Tesco inclusive contact

Thanks in advance

10 replies to this topic
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SIM card

i looked into this as well and have read lots of posts on here that said that vodafone include turkey within their "roaming package" so i bought a sim only deal for a tenner and will put it into an old unlocked phone to use whilst we are over there in 3 weeks time.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 21:09
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SIM card

Turkey is covered by Vodafone in there global roaming plan. Sim only covers the Euro zone and Turkey is on the list! The charges are the same as if you were in the uk. It’s great to have, when your in the bars you can get there password and use there data for free and just use your data when you need to and not be charged loads for sending one message.

Happy holidays

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Weston-super-Mare...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: SIM card

Just looked on internet and apparently turkey no longer included in free data roaming as of a month ago

May have read it wrong but think that's the case

Mark

Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SIM card

I’m in Olu now and when I landed I got a nice message from Vodafone that I’m in one of their Roam free destinations. They were going to remove it but so many threatened to leave that they changed their minds. It is on the list of 48 roam free places.

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: SIM card

Was this on contract or payg??

Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: SIM card

I’m on sim only but a monthly plan. PAYG sim only you can still use, there is a deal with there big value bundle of £10 and you get 2GB and 250 minutes which you can use in Turkey the same as if you were in the UK. I just had a look on the Vodafone website.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: SIM card

Can you pay for one month on the monthly plan with vodaphone and cancel the same day, so it's only active for the 30 days?

Or do they not allow that?

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: SIM card

Thank you not for me for my Son who is coming to Turkey he can get a Big Bundle as EE contract is too expensive

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
790 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: SIM card

Vodafone did announce that they were removing Turkey from roam free but they changed their minds after the negative response they received. We picked up a PAYG Sim last month and put their £10 Bundle on and it was great value.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 17:36
Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: SIM card

Vodaphone's SIM bundles definitely looks a good choice especially for me, going to Oludeniz for 28 days.

They are doing good deals on their 20 or 30 UKP bundles, for anyone going for a relatively long holiday or that requires tons of data.

If you don't renew the credit after the initial 30 days, you just get opted out of the bundle deal and pay out no more cash.

Mentioned in this post
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
Reply to: SIM card
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz