We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguazu Falls Argentina to Brazil With Luggage

Keith, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Iguazu Falls Argentina to Brazil With Luggage

We will arrive at IGR airport at 11.15am and leave the next afternoon from IGU at 4pm. Is it possible to leave luggage somewhere if we go from the airport straight to the Argentinian side of the falls and then catch transport thru the border into Brazil. Then we could do the Brazilian side of the falls before catching our flight to Rio or would we be best to hire a car and driver for the whole time from the airport and not have to worry about storing luggage, if so how much would this cost. We are going in early June and are a couple in our 50s.

6 replies to this topic
Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguazu Falls Argentina to Brazil With Luggage

Hi Judy,

I would not leave the luggage with your car and driver. Leave it in the checkroom of your Brazilian hotel, depending on where you'll be staying, then swing by to pick it up on the way to the airport.

You'll likely spend at least a couple of hours inside the Brazilian national park. What do you suppose your driver is doing while you're in the park? Sitting in the parking lot twiddling his thumbs, is what you're expecting, I bet!

When we hired a car and driver in Brazil, we found otherwise. Our driver asked us what time we expected to be leaving the park. Then, he drove away to collect other fares, returning at the appointed time. We didn't leave our luggage in his car, and I don't know whether things would be different if your bags were in the trunk, but my guess that this is what happens. Even if you were to instruct him otherwise (how's your Portuguese!) there's no guarantee he won't get called away.

Or he may head home for the siesta, likely waking up in time to get you. Or he might get involved in an accident or family emergency. Even if everything goes well, you'll sweat profusely if you emerge from the park only to find that your driver is delayed for a few minutes.

Here's what I'd do. There are several comfy Brazilian hotels within a ten-minute drive of the Brazilian airport IGU. Overnight in one. (We stayed at the Hotel Florença, a moderately priced choice. Some are more plush.) Check out before heading to the falls. Get the hotel to put your bags in their checkroom. That way, the hotel can protect them, and you'll know where they are at all times.

You can hire a car and driver for the day, or just get a taxi when you're ready to leave the park. Allow enough time to swing by the hotel, get the bags, tip the bellboy, and head to the airport.

Happy travels,

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Keith, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguazu Falls Argentina to Brazil With Luggage

Thank you for your help David, we are really looking forward to our trip.

hollywood,ca
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iguazu Falls Argentina to Brazil With Luggage

How long of bus ride or flight from buenos aires to the falls

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,697 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Iguazu Falls Argentina to Brazil With Luggage

@ shabah,

you may want to post a new question instead of adding to this one.

you will get more answers to your question.

5. Re: Iguazu Falls Argentina to Brazil With Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2017, 08:22

Adelaide, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Iguazu Falls Argentina to Brazil With Luggage

I intend to fly from Rio to Iguazu Falls on Argentina side (IGR) what is the suggestions?

Reply to: Iguazu Falls Argentina to Brazil With Luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted