We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Falls - Where to Stay?

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Falls - Where to Stay?

Hi all,

Where is the best place to stay on a visit to the Falls? I am flying into IGR and want to be close to the falls but also near the main strip to get the most out of my time there.

Thanks in advance!

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Falls - Where to Stay?

We stayed at Puerto Iguazu, where there are lots of shops and restaurants. You can get the bus to the falls for 150 pesos return. They go every 20 minutes, and are large and very comfortable. Two hotels very close to the bus stop are St George and Jardin de Iguazu. You can also walk to the Tres Fronteras for the evening light show - bit of a hike, so we took a taxi back

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Falls - Where to Stay?

take a look at a map of the area. there is a Brazil and Argentine side.

if you look at a map of the area and of the Argentines side you will see that you are not that far away.

as mentioned by Aus2Argie you can take a bus there. There is an hotel in park, but you are at the park not at in town.

There are also taxis for use too.

you can try booking.com for a search engine. It has filters and such so you can cherry pick your needs. Even for your budget which you dont say.

Iguazu National...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Falls - Where to Stay?

Well, i think that Iguazu Grand Hotel might be a good option for you. It is a very good option and is near of the main avenue of Puerto Iguazu. If you want to go to the falls you have to take a taxi, from there you are at the park in 20 minutes.

But also, i can recommend you stay 1 night in Sheraton Iguazu, so you can enjoy the most of the falls (it is inside in the park). And then go to Iguazu Grand in the city, to walk through the city,.

Spain
Level Contributor
10 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Falls - Where to Stay?

Thank you very useful

WDC
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,535 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Falls - Where to Stay?

We liked staying at the St. George in the town of Puerto Iguazu. It was fine - not 4 stars or as perfectly located as the Sheraton, which is right in the park - but the Sheraton is VERY expensive. From the St. George, the buses to the Park are just a very short block away... and there are, of course, Taxis right outside the hotel. We enjoyed poking and dining in the town, after our wonderful days in the Park on both sides of the Falls.

Reply to: Falls - Where to Stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted