We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing advice please!

London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Timing advice please!

Hello all :-)

I fly in and out from the Argentinian side where I will be spending 2 nights and have a full day booked to visit that side of the falls on Monday. I would also like to visit the Brazilian side, and I am wondering if it is best to try and do that the day I arrive - I land approximately 1pm on Sunday, or the day I leave - my flight is at 3.35pm on Tuesday.

Any suggestions welcome :-).

Thanks!

Iguazu Falls Private Day Trip from...
12 Reviews
from US$1,098.00*
Argentinean Falls Great Adventure...
10 Reviews
from US$105.00*
Free Cancellation
7 replies to this topic
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,540 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing advice please!

The Brazilian park requires about 4 hours for sightseeing and that would include a visit to the optional bird sanctuary located near the reception area.

Since you are staying in Argentina, then head over to Brazil first and see that since it's nice to the full panoramic view of the falls from that park.

The next day will be the Argentine park with a more up close and personal visit of the falls.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Brazil
Brazil
South America
London
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing advice please!

I agree with the above, visit on your day of arrival. Although, you will need to get a move on so you can check in, dump your bags and get off to the Brazil side to complete your time there before dark - dusk will be a great time to be there though! I would probably ask you accomodation to arrange a pick up from the airport and transfer to the Brazilian Park with the same driver. The border formalities take very little time.

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8,417 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Timing advice please!

welcome,

the plan is good, but you may need to play it loose and see what happens with regards to flights and if they are on time and such. Dont forget the boarder crossing too and the time it takes.

good luck

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,313 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timing advice please!

I would suggest you go to the BR side first. Many times the AR immigration lines are long especially on weekends. See as much as you can on the BR side and return to your hotel.

Next day you will plenty of time to see the AR side and enjoy at your own pace.

You did not say when. Right now AR and BR is in the same time zone.

London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timing advice please!

Thank you all - much appreciated. Sorry re the when - I leave this Sunday, 20th May and return to BA on Tuesday.

Good idea re contacting the hotel and asking them about pick up then onwards to the Brazil side - will do that - fingers crossed of course that the flight does arrive on time!

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timing advice please!

The Brazilian side only takes 2 to 3 hrs max to visit (assuming you do the the boat ride on the Argentine side, a MUST). By experience a morning visit is best.

London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timing advice please!

Thank you - I am considering doing it on Tuesday morning now - may just be easier to get to the hotel, chill out and arrange from there. Will see how it goes tomorrow with the flight etc

Reply to: Timing advice please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted