We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days at Iguazu

Sallins, Kildare
Level Contributor
210 posts
126 reviews
3 days at Iguazu

Hi there, we are going (with our 6 yeard old boy) to the waterfalls on Thursday 24th May, landing from Mendoza at circa 10:!0am and flying back on Sunday morning, so we will have three full days. We are staying in an apartment in the centre of Puerto Iguazu. Intention is to spend two days at the Arg side of the falls and 1 day at the BR side.

And we want to maximise time.

Option 1:

As soon as we land go directly to the ARG falls, put baggages in a locker and spend full day there. At closing or whenever we want, go to the hotel. Then Friday again at ARG side and Saturday head for BR side.

Option 2:

As soon as we land, go directly to hotel, leave everything and then head to Brazil, spend the rest of the day there. I think we should be at the falls between 12 and 1pm.

Then Friday and Saturday at ARG side.

What option would be more realistic to maximise time?

Also how big are the lockers in the ARG time? I do not expect to bring lot of things, but maybe a big bag would be

Also how much would be a taxi from the airport to the ARG falls, and also to the centre?

Thanks

Juan

5 replies to this topic
San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
12,872 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: 3 days at Iguazu

I would choose Option 2 and proceed directly to the Brazilian Falls. This park requires no more than 4 hours for a visit including the optional bird sanctuary located near the reception area.

The lockers are located in the reception area and should be able to handle your luggage.

Sallins, Kildare
Level Contributor
210 posts
126 reviews
2. Re: 3 days at Iguazu

thx a lot so i could even leave baggages at the hotel, so can work perfectly

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,903 posts
86 reviews
3. Re: 3 days at Iguazu

Taxi from airport to AE falls is $500 AR pesos. AR Falls to Centro about $800 pesos. If you like your driver you can ask he/she to be your driver everywhere, He/she will give you a card to call or arrange times to go places normally flat rates.

Save some and use taxi to go and return from BR. They will help with both BR and AR immigrations.

Sallins, Kildare
Level Contributor
210 posts
126 reviews
4. Re: 3 days at Iguazu

excellent thanks a lot!!

Having ARG ID, we do need to do immigration?

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,903 posts
86 reviews
5. Re: 3 days at Iguazu

Everyone stops at AR immigrations drive through. They will enter the information in their system and then on your way. Now many times the lines are long so be prepared to wait.

If your ID is a MERCOSUR ID you do not need to stop at the BR immigrations

Reply to: 3 days at Iguazu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Iguazu National Park