We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iguazu Falls which is best to stay Argentina or Brazil side

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Iguazu Falls which is best to stay Argentina or Brazil side

We are a senior couple ( 66 & 71 yrs old respectively) travelling to Iguazzu from Buenos Aires in early December 2012 and back to Buenos Aires.

Any advise as to the best place to stay

The Sheraton in the Argentinian side or the Das Cataratas in the Brazil side.

We intend to have 2 1/2 days in Iguazzu. Where should be spent most of the time? Argentinian side or Brazil side and which are the must not miss activities we should do.

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
536 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iguazu Falls which is best to stay Argentina or Brazil side

When we went in January this year, we stayed 2 nights at the Sheraton and went across to the Brazilian side of the falls and the Bird Park from there.

Having been there,I would recommend 1 night at the Sheraton and 1 night at Das Cataratas in the Brazil side.

One of the DEs on this forum advised that it was best to view the Brazilian side of the Falls in the morning, because of the way that the light falls. I agree with this advice

Mentioned in this post
Brazil
Brazil
South America
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iguazu Falls which is best to stay Argentina or Brazil side

I would stay on the Argentine side, we arrived at the Brazilian side, left our luggage in the lockers at the information centre visited the falls then went to the argentine side and stayed there and visited the falls in the morning.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,526 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iguazu Falls which is best to stay Argentina or Brazil side

I stayed at both and yes the Brazilian view is stunning in the morning - so many rainbows !

If I returned I would do 2 nights at Das Cataratas and 1 night at Sheraton.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iguazu Falls which is best to stay Argentina or Brazil side

I love Das Cataratas, in every way. If you do decide to divide your stay I would stay at the Sheraton first and then Das Cataratas so that you save the best till last!

Genk, Belgium
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iguazu Falls which is best to stay Argentina or Brazil side

I stayed at the Sheraton, flying in from Ushuaia. But I would advice to stay at the Brasilian side. Went to see it in the morning; Just amazing, all these rainbows ( with a gay bar at the end ? :-) ) I also did some canoeing up the river, booked it with a local. That was so incredible, this quiet, wide and slow river, with trees hanging over and knowing these wild falls were just a few miles away

6. Re: Iguazu Falls which is best to stay Argentina or Brazil side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2012, 18:17