We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WOW!Argentina

Scarsdale
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
WOW!Argentina

Has anyone used them as a travel agent?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WOW!Argentina

I have been working with Cintia of WOW! to plan my November trip to Argentina. She charges a $100 fee to prepare an estimate. This fee is deducted from your costs if you book with her. I started with a very ambitious itinerary and a good deal of confusion. Cintia spent quite a bit of time helping me get a good perspective of my travel goals and what I could reasonably hope to accomplish within my time limits. Her first quote was a bit too high for me and I asked her to modify it. She did that and came in with an excellent proposal. I had priced each component on the web, plus had requested proposals from two other travel agents. Cintia's proposal was the least expensive. Included were domestic air (she was very helpful about schedules and coordination of air travel), hotel, guided city tour and transfers. I am a fairly independent traveler and these were really all the services I needed.

She had a disruption of internet service which caused her to be slow to respond to some queries. That was a short term problem. Otherwise she has been very prompt, very professional and unfailingly pleasant in all my dealings with her. Of course the proof of the pudding is in the eating so I won't know for sure how well she has done for me until I take my trip, but I am very pleased with her services at this juncture.

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WOW!Argentina

Great reply, fanclub president!

Missed you in the "ad nauseum (sic)" thread, however! LOL!!!

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
617 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WOW!Argentina

cmcfong, thank-you for sharing your experience so far. It's good to know that the $100 USD retainer required to hire WOW was money well spent (I understand that it was not really spent as it will be applied to your package) but I'm sure that some people are reluctant to give them a try in case the final cost is higher then elsewhere and they will loose the retainer if they don't stick with WOW. It sounds like you really did your homework though and got the best deal : )

Level Contributor
207 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WOW!Argentina

I did not have a good experience with this agency. I agreed to pay the $100 with the expectation that they would have competitive prices and provide me with good advice.. When I received prices from them, they were very high. In fact, they were higher than what I could gave gotten on my own. They also told me that I should travel in June rather than August because August is a high season. I booked my US flight based on their advice. Actually, since then I discovered that July is the high season. I decided not to use them, and I lost the $100 fee which I do not think was money well spent. There are other agencies recommended on this forum that do not charge a fee. I suspect that you would be better off using one of these agencies.

Montreal, QC
Level Contributor
617 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WOW!Argentina

ihopeihelped, thank-you for posting your experience as well. I appreciate having someone else's point of view. I have never used WOW because I was fearful that what happened to you would happen to me and now I see that it truely can. I guess you either have to be lucky or very demanding that they keep searching for something more in your price range as cmcfong did.

In any case, good to know.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WOW!Argentina

I am sorry IhopeIhelped did not have a good experience with this agency. I have seen postings from two people on Fodors who are very unhappy with the agency as well. I feel very good about my own experience. Whether it was good fortune or being a demanding....., who can say!!!

I will post a report when I return to the USA .

Ah, AVROOSTER, even without my posting on that thread you surely knew how I would vote. The offending OP seems to have bid us all farewell so I say PARTY ON............

Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: WOW!Argentina

We, too, were very disappointed with the services provided for the money charged. My advice is to find a different travel agency is you really think you need one.

Geneva, Switzerland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: WOW!Argentina

Dear Mrs. FRANMAK,

I am Gabriela, the travel consultant at WOW Argentina that handled the

arrangements for the trip to Iguazu falls.

We are sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction. I would just like to point

out that all the services we arranged for you were previously quoted,

approved by you and provided accordingly, same as we have always done and

continue doing with the thousands of satisfied travelers who choose us. As

per the emails you sent us, you were in full agreement with the proposed

package and the quoted price. I recall that you even agreed to cancel a

reservation you had made at Sheraton Hotel, which you had not initially told

us about, and doing so implies you must have made calculations and realized

it was more convenient for you to book the trip with us than on your own.

The Iguazu package is one of the trips we sell most, and we are fully aware

we have excellent prices. All the information regarding the package had been

provided upfront, the trip did not include a guide and this had never been

quoted nor included in the confirmation.

We welcome our clients' opinions and we have a genuine commitment to

providing happy travels. We regret to learn your expectations on the trip

were unfulfilled although all the services arranged for you were provided as

promised in our written communications.

Kind regards,

Gabriela

Mentioned in this post
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Iguazu National Park
Iguazu National Park
Province of Misiones, Argentina
Puerto Iguazu...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: WOW!Argentina

No need for a Travel Agent to visit Iguazu. Tripavisor and the Internet are all you need

Mentioned in this post
Iguazu National Park
Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WOW!Argentina

Oh I agree. Really what do you need to pay a travel agent when you can easily book it yourself. Just book your flights through Lan Chile for reliable flights and stay two nights at a hotel that gets good reviews. Its pretty easy. Why pay $100 to this travel agent when you are going to have to pay $131 just to enter Argentina.

This travel agency is probably ok but like hotels that get mixed reviews, I tend to look elsewhere. Thats just me. I dont like to chance it.

Now if you go to Iguazu do stay two nights because even though "do" Iguazu with one night, its much too rushed.

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Iguazu National Park
Iguazu National Park