We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Flight costs $218. how mush is the "Cama Suite " night bus? thanks.

Edited: 11 February 2012, 04:54
34 replies to this topic
Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
62 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Hi Liszt,

ViaBariloche offers the trip for about 660 pesos with a 180 ° reclining seat. The regular 'cama' (160°) is 100 pesos less. The first one is very comfortable but do have in mind that it is a 17 hour trip; I don't know if you are on a tight budget but I think that 60 USD more would be well invested in the flight.

Cheers Mole

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Thanks!

Brooklyn, New York...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Where are you finding your flight info? I'm only able to find flights in $450 range - I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Aerolineas Argentinas...we are checking May price though.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

I would recommend the bus. Although the flight may be quicker, you can take the overnight bus and save money on the hotel cost. Buses in Argentina are absolutely top-notch! And, Iguazu is ranked #10here - in the world - http://absolutevisit.com/travel/Iguazu-Falls/

To see my blog specifically about Argentina Buses, go here - quitandtravel.com/2009/…

Cheers,

Will

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Buses in Argentina are great options and very comfortable, you have to weigh up the costs and timing, sometimes we found it better to fly other times by bus, it depends a lot on your itinerary.

Carmaux, France
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Hi Guys,

Just for your information, buses from Iguaçu to Buenos Aires are more than 2 times cheaper when you take it in Paraguay in Ciudad del Este, 20km from Puerto Iguacu... Argentinian companies are charging huge price for the same service... As soon as tourists are here to pay, they charge as much as they can!!! 650$Ar in Argentina, 280$Ar from Paraguay...

And it is 10$Ar to go from Puerto Iguaçu or Foz do Iguacu to Ciudad del Este. Ask the driver to stop at the Paraguayan customs when you enter to get the stamp of entry on the passport as you need it to leave Paraguay after.

Mississauga, Ontario
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Thanks for sharing!...though I was back in June :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Do you need to get a Paraguay visa to do this?

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.

Your cheapest flight prices you are seeing are for Argentine Citizens. It's not like the U.S. they "racially profile here." Once you go to check in at the airport you will pay the gringo price of $250 one-way. Or you could find the local Aerolineas office and show you're 771ARS booking and they will correct it for you and you will pay the difference.

American in Iguazu now.

Reply to: From Iguazu Falls to Buenos Aires, Bus or flight.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Iguazu