We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Tax

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
427 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Tax

Dear TA,

Do we still pay airport tax or is it added to the airline ticket?

I am travelling from los angeles to buenes aires (9 hour lay over) to El Calafate (3 days) to Ushuaia (3 days).

Return - Ushuaia to to BA (16 hour layover) to Los angeles.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
El Calafate
El Calafate
Province of Santa Cruz, Argentina
Ushuaia
Ushuaia
Province of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
43 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Airport Tax

Hi,

Actually Qatar Airways responded after clarifying from the Buenos Aires Aerolineas Argentinas staff and confirmed about USD 20.00 departure tax. I'm very pleased with them for making the effort to find out and confirming it.

There is a war between Qatar Airways and Etihad to beat or be at par with Emirates (pity their flight timing didn't match my requirement). Thus they are trying to provide a good service.

Do you mean that I have to pay the departure tax once in Ushuaia and then again at Buenos Aires when departing from Argentina?

Mentioned in this post
Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal District, Argentina
Ushuaia
Ushuaia
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,549 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Airport Tax

No the only place you have to physically pay it separately at the airport in Ushuaia. The rest of your departures are included in your fares.

Mentioned in this post
Ushuaia
Ushuaia
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
43 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Airport Tax

Thanks for clarifying that PP. If my understanding is correct then we have to pay during departure from Ushuaia rather than upon arrival.

Mentioned in this post
Ushuaia
Ushuaia
14. Re: Airport Tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2017, 14:18