We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ushuaia in mid-October - itinerary and clothes

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
769 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Ushuaia in mid-October - itinerary and clothes

Hello - we will be in Ushuaia in mid October for 3 nights - 2 full days. Am thinking of a guided tour with short walking in the NP on one day and a day 4x4 trip to Lake Fagnano including lunch.

I know that a lot of you here on TA say we don't need a guide in the park -- but I do need some transport as only like short treks and no hills!! Am reasonably fit but in my 60s.

What do you think of thiis itinerary? We will visit the museums etc in te afternoon and morning of our arrival and departure. Any improvement suggestions very welcome as we have nothing booked yet.

Finally weather -- I know no one can predict weather but any suggestions re clothes would be very welcome. Thank you -- I find TA amazing when planning trips

Mentioned in this post
Ushuaia
Ushuaia
Province of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Slovenia
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ushuaia in mid-October - itinerary and clothes

Leezy, even if you're in your 60s as long as you're reasonably fit and just want to walk around the park you don't need a guide. I went there last year with my mom and she fits your description.

Bring warm clothes, it's gonna be cold and windy. And if you'll have some time left in Ushuaia (if arriving early or departing late) consider a Beagle Channel tour.

Mentioned in this post
Ushuaia
Ushuaia
Province of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
769 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ushuaia in mid-October - itinerary and clothes

We had thought of that Beagle Channel tour - but were wondering about the rough water if its windy. We leave at 2 pm -- so maybe that last morning? We arrive at 3 pm also --so maybe that afternoon?-- but I'll check the times of the trips and see if we can fit it in.

The tour in the park is more to hear the local folklore /flora and fauna etc. rather than just a walk in a forest - so thought it would be good? But maybe someone out there knows better?Anyone who did that tour have a comment?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
16,266 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ushuaia in mid-October - itinerary and clothes

If you do the End of the World train tour in the park you will get a really interesting commentary about the convict and indigenous history plus info about the flora and fauna etc.

I have aso used ToursbyLocals.com to book a private tour which included the Park, hidden lakes and garibaldi pass etc plus some good spots in the highest part of town for excellent photo ops. The guide will wait for you while you do the train tour if you like.

Mentioned in this post
The End of the World Train
The End of the World...
3,906 Reviews
Ushuaia, Argentina
4. Re: Ushuaia in mid-October - itinerary and clothes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2017, 12:16