We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Banos for eldery couple suitable

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
195 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Is Banos for eldery couple suitable

We are couple of 65/70 years old, average condition, is Banos still a option or is it mainly steep uphill hiking etc??

Mentioned in this post
Banos
Banos
Tungurahua Province, Ecuador
8 replies to this topic
Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
11,017 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Banos for eldery couple suitable

What has drawn you there in the first place? The town proper is in a valley so relatively flat. You can enjoy the baths without a hike.

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
195 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Banos for eldery couple suitable

we have a week in Quito planned, before we take the train of wonders to Guayaquil, so we were looking for views and or places not to be missed

Mentioned in this post
Quito
Quito
Pichincha Province, Ecuador
Guayaquil
Guayaquil
Guayas Province, Ecuador
los angeles
Level Contributor
976 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Banos for eldery couple suitable

>>so we were looking for views and or places not to be missed<<

My wife and I stayed here. Excellent place to relax and enjoy nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihqtYQkTTec

Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
195 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Banos for eldery couple suitable

Thanks ! Looks fantastic!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Banos for eldery couple suitable

It’s loads of fun there! We went with our children but also our 70 year old mama! She even went on the zip line. The bus tours are fun. Make sure you go on the little bus that goes through the town with the music, we laughed so hard. The tour up the top is great too. The big waterfalls are beautiful, you don’t have to walk all the way for spectacular views. It was our first time there after our 3rd visit to Ecuador and I was super impressed.

Mentioned in this post
Ecuador
Ecuador
South America
Marbella, Spain
Level Contributor
195 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Banos for eldery couple suitable

Thanks Fleurger!

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Banos for eldery couple suitable

I would definitely recommend you to get to Baños and enjoy a walk around the city, the hot baths in town and do take some time to explore Pailon del Paiblo and the Casa del Arbol - for both places you need to take a bus ( different routes and bus stands though) that will cost 0.5 to 1 dollar each way. If you fancy some hiking our long walks, there is also a lot to do but you might want to arrive there and get some information about the conditions of the paths and level of difficulty. But even without long walks or hiking, Baños is Definitely a place not to be missed!!

Mentioned in this post
La Casa del Arbol
La Casa del Arbol
1,512 Reviews
Banos, Ecuador
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
338 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Banos for eldery couple suitable

Banos is an ideal place not only for adventurers looking to do extreme sports but also for those families who want to rest and relax with the landscapes of this place.

I have visited with groups of couples over 60 and have loved the ride on the bus where they enjoyed the scenery and the walk to the Pailon del Diablo, the difficulty is average since it is not steep. You should only go with the appropriate shoes and clothing.

Within the city there are pools of thermal waters where people prefer to go for a swim and relax, this can be done in the day or night.

Another thing that I recommend you to take is to visit the Spa of Samari Lodge, it is one of the most complete spas in this place as well as the Spa of Luna Runtun. Take a delicious coffee with your breathtaking view of the city of Banos for sure you will love it.

Visiting the tree house I think that suddenly you may not like them so much because depending on the season you travel the landscape may be all cloudy or it may be clear, in this place you will find a swing inside a tree.

You can go and know the Amazon jungle there are beautiful lodges in the middle of nature, where you can hear the birds very early in the morning and insects at night.

Regards,

Karla

Mentioned in this post
Banos
Banos
Tungurahua Province, Ecuador
Reply to: Is Banos for eldery couple suitable
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted