We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette party in 2 weeks!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Bachelorette party in 2 weeks!

Hey everyone!

We are coming to Scottsdale for a bachelorette party in 2 weeks, the weekend of the 21. We get there Wednesday night and leave Sunday (after the cardinals game). There are 14 of us and we rented an air B and B located on E Diamond street.

I have a few questions:

Anyone familliar with how far this location is to bars/nightlife? Is it walkable?

On that note, best clubs to visit?

Are there liquor stores in the vicinity?

Costco/target/Walmart anywhere near? (We would cab/uber to stock the house with supplies)

About the cardinals game, we’ve never been and hope to experience tailgating. What time generally does this start? Kickoff is 130 I believe. Sorry this may be dumb question but what do we bring tailgating (we will be getting dropped off) but I hear it’s a whole new world and to go early!

Thanks so much!

7 replies to this topic
Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,890 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Bachelorette party in 2 weeks!

I’m not sure where you are on Diamond St, but it is an east-west running street, south of Roosevelt in the south part of Scottsdale in a residential area. Look up on their websites for exact directions, but the Costco nearest you is on E. Oak St and Walmart on E. Thomas St. not at all walkable I’m afraid. The closest club scenes will be in Old Town Scottsdale (too many to count) or south of you in Tempe next to Az State University on Mill Ave. The best deals for buying alcohol will be in the grocery stores (Frys, Safeway, Albertsons) or Walmart or Costco. Lots of taxi, Uber, LYFT available all over the bar streets.

Do you have tickets already for the game? Go online and read about security checks, you can’t do tailgating without having game tickets in hand to get into the parking lots. Also, they are pretty careful about what you bring inside the stadium itself, water only, and put everything in a clear purse or bag. You’ll see extreme food prep and set up to folks having a picnic with sandwiches on a blanket, whatever you want to do.

It will be still be somewhat warm when you are here, so just make sure you stay hydrated, it is super dry and you won’t even know you’re dehydrated, so always keep a water bottle for yourselves and keep drinking it, esp when out partying, or if you hike. Our mountains and trails are very attractive to folks, and rescues take place weekly for hikers who develop heat problems and become injured or impaired from dehydration.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
1,302 reviews
2. Re: Bachelorette party in 2 weeks!

Hey Amanda, glad you are coming to Scottsdale, you girls will all have a great time!

You are coming at a good time. The snow-birds are not here yet, so there is less people, and cheaper pricing around the city (not to mention less lines and waits).

E Diamond Street is in South Scottsdale. It is NOT walkable to where the "action" is. It is 4 miles south, or roughly 10 minutes in an Uber or Lyft. Very cheap, and plenty of drivers so there will be a short wait, if any.

As far as nightlife is concerned: In Scottsdale there is the Entertainment District where all of the nightclubs/bars are located. They are off of N. Saddlebag Trail. Some popular clubs/bars are Bottled Blonde, Whiskey Row, Bevvy, and many, many more. If you type in one of these places in the Uber/Lyft, it will take you to the epicenter of it all. As a bachelorette weekend, you will be here in this area at one point or another at night. There are also tons of other bars and restaurants scattered around the Old Town area if you are trying to avoid the club-scene. You an send me a message or comment back if you are looking for a list of other favorite places. I am a frequent visitor to these bars lol. Scottsdale has it all depending on what kind of scene you ladies are looking for whether it be chill cocktail lounges up to getting black-out hammered and raging.

Nearest Costco: E. McDowell Rd location, 15 min, 5.6 miles.

Nearest WalMart: N Pima location, 11 min, 4.6 miles.

Nearest Target: N McClintock location (Tempe Marketplace), 6 min, 2.5 miles

For alcohol, there is a Total Wine & More in the Tempe Marketplace, they will have everything you ladies need. In Tempe Marketplace there is a plethora of shops, restaurants, etc.

Here is the website to check out everything they have: https://tempemarketplace.com/

As far as the game is concerned, and tailgating, I cannot comment as I have no direct experience. Someone here should chime-in and help out with that. Sorry!

Hope yall have a great trip! Cheers!

Curtez

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Bachelorette party in 2 weeks!

Hi,and great choice coming to our city!

Anyone familliar with how far this location is to bars/nightlife? Is it walkable?

Diamond St may be walkable to a few dive bars, but you will want to uber (about $6 non peak time) to old town

On that note, best clubs to visit?

Depends on your taste, Saddle Bag trail is the heart of the beast for nightlife. Upscale clubs, country bar (whiskey row), the W, hifi (tecno), bottled blonde (outdoor/dance), casa amigos, etc Best place to party not the best food though.

Are there liquor stores in the vicinity?

Yes, and unlike certain states AZ sells liquor everywhere, pharmacy, gas stations etc, stop by albertsons on scottsdale and thomas to load up

Costco/target/Walmart anywhere near? (We would cab/uber to stock the house with supplies)

44th and thomas would be the nearest coming from the airport

About the cardinals game, we’ve never been and hope to experience tailgating. What time generally does this start?

game at 1:30pm? People will be tail gaiting at 10am

Feel free to ask anything else if you need help!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Bachelorette party in 2 weeks!

Thanks! Yes we do have tickets to the game.

Our air bnb host said something about a free shuttle from the rental to the “hot bar spots”. Do you know anything about this? I can’t find anything online.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Bachelorette party in 2 weeks!

Thanks for your feedback!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
36 reviews
6. Re: Bachelorette party in 2 weeks!

"Our air bnb host said something about a free shuttle from the rental to the “hot bar spots”. Do you know anything about this? I can’t find anything online."

No, I go to those places on a fairly regular basis, if you find out about a free shuttle let me know! Unless they are offering to do it personally. There is a free local shuttle orbit for Tempe and a trolly bus but neither are suitable to go out for a night of partying IMO.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11,886 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Bachelorette party in 2 weeks!

Here is the info on the free trolley:

https://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/trolley

Reply to: Bachelorette party in 2 weeks!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted