We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Hiking

Knoxville, Tennessee
10 posts
Save Topic
Sedona Hiking

We will be staying in Sedona in October and would like some advice on hiking trails. We will arrive arrive on a Sat evening around 5 or 6pm and will have the full day on Sunday and the morning on Monday. Which hikes would you recommend as a must for 2 adults and 2 teenagers....West Trail Fork, Cathedral Rock, Devils Bridge, Soldier's Pass, Boynton Canyon Trail, Bell Rock, Fay Canyon? Also is there a website with a good map to see which of these hikes are close to each other? Thank you for any help?

8 replies to this topic
Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Hiking

All good choices but you don't have time for all of them. You will be arriving at sundown Saturday.

You will want to start West Fork early as October is a busy time with fall colors in the canyon.

You should be able to find a map of the Red Rock area which shows trails on the forest service sites.

Knoxville, Tennessee
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Hiking

Yes I was planning on West Fork Trail and Devil's Bridge as a must and Slide Rock and Cathedral Rock if we can fit one in unless anyone thinks differently. Thank you!!

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Hiking

I like www.greatsedonahikes.com

Knoxville, Tennessee
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona Hiking

Fabulous! Great site! Thank you!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona Hiking

West Fork, Devils Bridge and Cathedral Rock will put you in each of the three distinct areas of Sedona.

I wouldn't put Slide Rock on the top of my list in October.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,495 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona Hiking

CTD has given you good advice for popular trails in three different sides of Sedona. And I do mean popular. In October you should expect them all to be very very crowded.

If you'd like a little more solitude consider Boynton or Long Canyon in West Sedona, and Courthouse Loop or Bell Rock to Little Horse or Hiline off 179.

West Fork is unique and there's really nothing else quite like it. But it will be non stop hikers in both directions.

Going early to any of the trails will help reduce the stress of crowds, but the throngs will still be there.

Knoxville, Tennessee
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona Hiking

Thank you all for the wonderful advice and suggestions! Looking forward to our stay in Sedona!

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona Hiking

There is a great app for all the Sedona trails. It's the Sedona Hiking App. Tell you everything you'll need to know. SedonaHikingApp.com. They have an Android and iPhone version. Costs like 5 bucks.

Reply to: Sedona Hiking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted