We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Williams to Flagstaff to Sedona Hiking

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Williams to Flagstaff to Sedona Hiking

2 weeks from now I'll be driving down from Williams through Flagstaff, then down to Sedona via 89A. Any "must sees" on this trip down? Next morning, Coffepot trail, b'fast, Red Rock Crossing Trail (in addition to the red rock parking pass, do I need to pay an additional $10?). Then get some lunch to-go, then over to Airport Mesa Vortex. Later on, Boynton Canyon (for about 3 hrs), then Dry Creek Vista Parking Lot to watch the sunset and stars. Next day, Chapel of the Holy Cross, Bell Rock, Village of Oak Creek & last nite dinner. Would you recommend I get the $15 week Red Rock pass, or just pay $5 daily pass for the 2 days I'll be parking/hiking? Also, is this itinerary too much for the 3 days I'll be in Sedona (I'm a novice, light hiker 55 yrs old)? Thanks for any help!

12 replies to this topic
Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Williams to Flagstaff to Sedona Hiking

Thank you ALL for all the info & suggestions! Based on everyone's input, I'm adjusting my itinerary. Please let me know if this sounds workable:

Day 1 - down from Flagstaff via 89A, eta Sedona 11am, lunch to go from Tortas de Fuego, then picnic at Crescent Moon park before Red Rock Crossing hike/walk.

Day 2 - 6am Coffee Pot b'fast, then to Westfork trail. Lunch on the way back at Cowboy Club. Boynton Canyon hike/vortex. Still working on dinner after Dry Creek Vista parking lot for sunset/stars (Barking Frog site says they're turning into Quality Kitchen & Bar on 9.21).

Day 3 - 6am b'fast to go from Café Jose ($5.99 huevos rancheros before 10am!), then picnic at Airport Mesa. Bell Rock hike, Chapel of the Holy Cross and Tlaquepaque mall. Patio dinner 5:30 at Mariposa!

Thanks for all your help; you're making my great trip even greater!

12. Re: Williams to Flagstaff to Sedona Hiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 September 2017, 11:35
Edited: 04 September 2017, 11:35

Reply to: Williams to Flagstaff to Sedona Hiking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted