We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Phoenix airport to Sedona

2 posts
transportation from Phoenix airport to Sedona

Hi I am wondering how to get to Sedona from Phoenix airport. I dont trust myself to drive by myself, are there any cheap convenient buses or trains that go there around?

Also is it easy and possible to be looking aroundand discovering Sedona without having a car?

I dont really realize the size of the Sedona...

4 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,176 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: transportation from Phoenix airport to Sedona

You need a car at Sedona. Period.

The drive from PHX is simple. Interstate highway almost all the way. AZ Shuttle provides a round trip for $100 per person. Read the first paragraph again.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,648 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: transportation from Phoenix airport to Sedona

The drive to Sedona is easy and reasonably straightforward.

Arizona Shuttle is very reliable but you will want a car to get around in Sedona.

There are really no public transportation or taxi service options.

You should investigate car or jeep rental options in Sedona.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,176 posts
250 reviews
3. Re: transportation from Phoenix airport to Sedona

Sedona has one car rental agency, Enterprise. It’s a small franchise. They often run out of vehicles. Rent a car at PHX and drive yourself

Kalispell, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Santa Fe, Sedona
Level Contributor
11,181 posts
798 reviews
4. Re: transportation from Phoenix airport to Sedona

Honestly, I agree too. You need a car to visit the separate areas of "Sedona". There is nothing scary or hard about the drive from the airport to Sedona. Its uphill, sure, but there are no drop offs or anything different than any other freeway drive you have taken before. Only there will be better scenery and once on the 179 heading to Sedona, mostly 2 lane but...extraordinarily scenic.

Let me know if you'd like an itinerary showing you where various attractions around Sedona are located.

Reply to: transportation from Phoenix airport to Sedona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted