We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Auberge or Boots & Saddles for a romantic getaway?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
L'Auberge or Boots & Saddles for a romantic getaway?

My husband and I are visiting Sedona for the first time to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I've narrowed our lodging choices to L'Auberge and Boots & Saddles. I am leaning towards L'Auberge because it is a resort, and it seems to be located in a more charming and walkable part of Sedona (uptown). However, Boots & Saddles draws unanimous raves on Tripadvisor, so I'm torn. Any comments or comparisons on these two places would be much appreciated!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,139 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Auberge or Boots & Saddles for a romantic getaway?

Your assessments of the pros and cons and differences of these two places are very perceptive, and accurate.

What are your priorities?

If resort amenities are important then L'Auberge wins for sure. You'll have a full range of spa services and the convenience of being close to Uptown and shops and galleries.

But if you intend to get out and enjoy all of the other diversions and attractions that make Sedona what it is, then hanging out at your lodge won't matter as much. B&S is loved because it's a nice place to come back to after being out and about all day. It has a charm that makes it like a home away from home.

You understand the differences. Now you need to decide what matters to you.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Auberge or Boots & Saddles for a romantic getaway?

Thanks RedRox. I think we do prefer to stay at a resort for this trip, so we can have cocktails at the bar after a long day of hiking, get massages, etc. I'm just hoping I won't be disappointed in the quality of the furnishings and amenities in the cottages at L'Auberge. For $500/night, we're expecting them to be top-notch. I haven't been able to find any good photos of the inside of the cottages on the internet, and the mixed comments about the resort on Tripadvisor have made me a little wary.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,139 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L'Auberge or Boots & Saddles for a romantic getaway?

If the quality of the furnishings in the units are less than what you might find in other similarly priced accomodations, the trade off would be the location of the cabins (on Oak Creek) and the over all amenities at the resort.

4. Re: L'Auberge or Boots & Saddles for a romantic getaway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 10:18