We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do it or not

newton le willows
Level Contributor
147 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Do it or not

Hi can't decide about booking fuengirola. I will be taking my elderly mum. We would like an apartment so we would be going out at night for a meal and bit of nightlife ...but is it safe for us to be out at night looking to book near Stella Maris . Plus go to marina area. Thanks

6 replies to this topic
rochdale
Level Contributor
7,199 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do it or not

Yes do it, its quite safe at night.

The area around the London Pub is possibly best avoided late on but quite easy to walk on the opposite side.

Jabega has music 10 to 12 midnight that your mum may like.

Stella Maris is good, possibly better than Jabega, but a little further from Los Boliches which has good bars and Restaurants and the bar underneath does good food and drink.

Either Jabega or Stella Maris should be fine.

Any specific questions pm me, I've been in both last week.

Mentioned in this post
The London Pub
The London Pub
125 Reviews
Fuengirola, Spain
Los Boliches
Los Boliches
1,941 Reviews
Fuengirola, Spain
scotland
Level Contributor
19,232 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do it or not

Stella Maris is in very good quiet location opposite the beach

Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
186 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do it or not

Dooo it, dooo it, dooo it!

Fuengi is a lovely place. Never once felt threatened there.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do it or not

I don't like central Fuengirola but Los Boliches is lovely, ie; from the Stella Maris going in the opposite direction of Fuengirola. Just my personal opinion, though.

If I were taking my mum on holiday, I wouldn't even bother with the marina but, if she wanted to go, I'd take her there during the day but to the cafés, bars and restaurants in Los Boliches at night.

I don't know if you know the area, but there are tons of cafés, bars and restaurants, so you won't run short of anywhere to go. I think it's much nicer than Fuengirola town.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend the centre of Fuengirola for going out at night.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 20:42
Mentioned in this post
Los Boliches
Los Boliches
1,941 Reviews
Fuengirola, Spain
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
534 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do it or not

Hi Andrea, to answer your question re is it safe, we have not been to a safer and a better place than Fuengirola/los Boliches for our holidays. What a beautiful place, wonderful retail people looking after visitors. Not into nightlife so others might comment on that. Enjoy.Regards, Paddy.

Mentioned in this post
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do it or not

Plaza de la Constitucion in Central Fuengirola is a brilliant place for drinks and tapas with lots of bars and cafes frequented by locals. Always a great, very safe atmosphere.

Mentioned in this post
Plaza de la Constitucion
Plaza de la Constitucion
1,154 Reviews
Malaga, Spain
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
Reply to: Do it or not
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola