We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why so quiet?!

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Why so quiet?!

We arrived here yesterday and came down to the centre yesterday. Considering it was a Friday night most of the bars and even the restaurants were practically empty. There were a few that were even shut. We always go on holiday..to Majorca, Tenerife, Turkey etc in June and the resorts are always really busy. Am I missing something?

6 replies to this topic
rochdale
Level Contributor
7,240 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why so quiet?!

We have just returned and found it a bit quieter than normal.

Gets busy Sat and Sun though.

Some bars were saying weather was a bit too good and people spent all day on the beach.

Most restaurants were busy where we went, but not until after 8 pm.

We were the only people in Cosquin one night though, which is unusual.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why so quiet?!

Just looked on the webcam on a Saturday 3 pm Spanish time and beach and sea are deserted!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why so quiet?!

Maybe generally low rates of exchange are starting to bite.

Atb steve

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why so quiet?!

We have chosen Majorca twice this year instead off Fuengirola , we got flights and hotel to there for the same price as just the flights to Malaga , maybe the price has a lot to do with it

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,654 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why so quiet?!

Seems strange to hear that its quiet, especially as loads of apartment owners were fully booked for this summer from very early last year. My flights this year havent been any higher cost than last years. I do book as soon as they are released though.

Teeside
Level Contributor
344 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why so quiet?!

I have just returned from Majorca and it was very quiet there too, you also have to pay tourist tax in the Balearics so it was 32 Euro on check not a lot of money but strikes as penny pinching. Bars and restaurants were on the whole quiet I guess people don’t gave the money these days and the exchange rates are poor you find most if the time drinks are more expensive than the UK. Visiting Fuengirola end of August hopefully it will be busy and sunny.

Reply to: Why so quiet?!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted