We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving by night.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving by night.

Hi I was hoping for some help regarding my arrival into Tongatapu.

My flight from Sydney into Tongatapu arrives at 2:10 am in the morning on a Thursday. I was looking at booking the first flight to Vava'u which I believe leaves the domestic terminal at 6:40 am. Check in is listed at 5:30am. Is there any facility at the international or domestic terminal for me to sit somewhere for the 3hours and 20 minutes at this time at night? Or it such that travellers arriving on the 2:10am flight all leave and stay in accommodation in Nuku'alofa?

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Nuku'alofa
Nuku'alofa
Tongatapu Island, Tonga
Ha'atafu Beach Resort
Ha'atafu Beach Resort
#1 of 21 hotels in Tongatapu Island
Blue Banana Beach House
Blue Banana Beach House
#2 of 21 hotels in Tongatapu Island
Waterfront Lodge
Waterfront Lodge
#1 of 13 hotels in Nuku'alofa
Kona
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving by night.

See Urla K's recent question on this forum.

Neither airport has a comfortable place to sit and wait, but there are some hard benches outside and you're welcome to hangout if you like. The domestic terminal is not adjacent to the international terminal - it's close, but too long to walk there and you will have to take a taxi.

The Real Tonga flights to Vava'u are often delayed, cancelled or overbooked, so keep that in mind when you are considering your possible wait time.

You don't have to go all they way into Nuku'alofa for a room if you plan to try to get out to Vava'u the same day as your arrival. The Scenic Hotel is close by - a bit overpriced and underwhelming, but very convenient, and there are some low-key options not far from the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Tonga
Tonga
South Pacific
Nuku'alofa
Nuku'alofa
Tongatapu Island, Tonga
2. Re: Arriving by night.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2017, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Tongatapu Island
More Tongatapu Island Topics