We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Mafia - Any options other than flying?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Travel to Mafia - Any options other than flying?

I would like to go to Mafia this summer at the beginning of August. Please can anyone tell me if it is possible to reach the island without flying? Is it feasible or is the journey too long/complicated? I will arrive in Dar on August 4th - I plan to spend a few days on Mafia and then continue to Zanzibar for a further week. It seems a shame to fly so often in such a short time! Thanks for your help.

Dar es Salaam...
2 posts
1. Re: Travel to Mafia - Any options other than flying?

Dear Flobber,

You can reach mafia island without flying,the possible way to reach there if you will land in Dar es salaam you have to go from Dar to nyamisati were the ferry depart from,from dar es salaam to nyamisati is only 2hrs, there is an engine boats in the rufiji river to mafia,it is memorable trip if you will use boat,you will enjoy enroute game viewing monkeys and many species,.if you will land in dar es salaam you can go on the ferry terminal and you can meet on who can arrange this trip.or contact hortonsafaris29jan@gmail.com

or +255 652 369194,.

2. Re: Travel to Mafia - Any options other than flying?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Mafia Island